Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which winch? Help me answer a stupid question.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Holiday Jones View Post
    Huh, I guess it was a good idea he never got around to. I'm going to look into routing inner the jeep securely. Might be a good addition to my garage
    Definitely take pics and do a write up so others can benefit from it. Just from thinking of the layout an under jeep route should be a lot easier.

Senior Member Getting Dirty thance's Avatar
    I started with a 20' long pair of jumper cables (2 gauge stranded wire if I recall). Cut off a bout 3 feet and wired to the battery and down to the front mount where I attached a quick disconnect. Warn makes them but they are expensive, you can save a lot of money with a generic pair (MileMaker?). I have both and quality is the same. Then I attached the matching quick disconnect to the wires that came with the winch.

I have always intended on routing the rest of the wire along the frame rail and attaching a quick disconnect at either end for the rear but haven't got that far yet. I must have been planning on the write-up once that was complete, but this will havae to suffice for now.
    2010 5.7 QTII - OME HD w/ 3/8" spacers up front and F150 MLL in rear, JBA UCA 6.7, JKS 2034 Front Quick Disconnects, Gas Tank Skid Mod, PinchWeld Mod, 1.5" SpiderTrax, General Grabber AT 265/70/17, Custom Front Receiver / Plow Mount, Custom Tow Rings F/R, Diablo Intune.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Holiday Jones's Avatar
    That's a start. I actually returned the badlands winch last week, but then somehow bills got in the way.(they have a habit of doing that) I'm going to order the Smittybilt soon, then start collecting all the other accessories. I also have to put my RC lift Bruijr sold me, but that probably won't be til next month. Sigh*; money and time, I seem to run out of both freaquently.lol
    200 Army Green Commander Limited. HEMI. QuadraDriveII!!!! 4xGuard Matrix, 3/4" D-rings, 2" Rough Country Lift, 255/75/17 BFG M/T, 1.25" wheel spacers.

I bought a Smittybilt winch last January. It is slightly slower than a Warn, but it gets my rig out just fine. I have no major issues with my Smittybilt. For the money, I can say that it is a good choice.
    Last edited by andjon2; 04-27-2017 at 12:56 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information