Thread: 05 WK Hemi exhaust

Member Looking for Dirt

05 WK Hemi exhaust

I just got a quote for $800 to delete my y-pipe and route dual exhaust all the way back to the rear bumper on the passenger side, using a Flowmaster 50 DI/DO as a crossover. The tips are going to just point down, so it won't change the stock look, just the sound. He's excited because he doesn't get to do that sort of thing very often, and I'm excited, because I can't wait to hear my engine sound like something other than a soccer mom's grocery-getter. It's going in on the 27th.
    Pics and maybe a vid once I get it done!

I included the price because I know a lot of guys would want dual exhaust, and not just for a Hemi. It's feasible price-wise, especially considering that for only about $100 less, you could get a Gibson catback but still wouldn't have the true dual exhaust that a lot of engines deserve. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I can't wait to hear my Hemi rumble and drown out the obnoxious fart pipe rice burners the teenagers are driving around.

I am definitely open to other ideas regarding the muffler setup. I want to keep my noise level legal, so straight pipes aren't an option.

2005 JGC 5.7L
    K&N 57 series CAI
    everything else is stock... for now 😉

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Pics and maybe a video?? That's not an option but a requirement when its done or it didn't happen.

Member Looking for Dirt
    Hahahaha, I'll keep that in mind.

2005 JGC 5.7L
    K&N 57 series CAI

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Awesome man! Im glad you narrowed down what you want and getting it done, glad I could help!!! Are you keeping both tailpipes on the same side? Thats one thing I wish I did, Matt and I talked a lot about it and putting both tails down passenger side with turn-downs would be sweet! Youll love the change in sound, just wait til you get the looks from people when your Jeep roars past them and they break their neck to see whats making that sound!
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Member Looking for Dirt
    Lol, I'm looking forward to it!
    Yeah, they're both going to go down the passenger side with turn-downs right where the current one is.
    You really helped me a lot, and I used your build as an inspiration. That sound your XK makes is intoxicating!

2005 JGC 5.7L
    K&N 57 series CAI

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Thanks! I sure do miss that thing, spent some good $$$ and time on it... Who knows, maybe my LJR will get a HEMI!
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Member Looking for Dirt
    Never say never! 😃

2005 JGC 5.7L
    K&N 57 series CAI

Senior Member Getting Dirty Holiday Jones's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Dan.2005WK;50595]. "the obnoxious fart pipe rice burners the teenagers are driving around."

Yeeeeessss!!!! Bahahahahahaba
    200 Army Green Commander Limited. HEMI. QuadraDriveII!!!! 4xGuard Matrix, 3/4" D-rings, 2" Rough Country Lift, 255/75/17 BFG M/T, 1.25" wheel spacers.

Member Looking for Dirt
    Hahaha, I sound like my dad more and more each day. Not necessarily a bad thing.

05 WK 5.7L
    K&N 57 series CAI

Thread Information