Thread: Dan.2005WK's Garage

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Member Looking for Dirt

Dan.2005WK's Garage

So, here's what I have: a very stock 05 WK Limited with a 5.7L Hemi. Pretty sharp looking ride, with the exception of a tear in the driver's seat and a little paint missing from the edge of the driver's door. Have a look:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	34083374305a8f66d08f45cc17cff7f2-1.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	2631

Well, I couldn't leave it stock for long, so I slapped on a K&N 57 series CAI:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bae6fbc8ae5f405c18c6a5c06e88377f-1.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	2632

Today, I had a shop install a true dual system. They deleted the y-pipe, matched pipe lengths, and put a Flowmaster 50 on each pipe, then routed both back to the stock location, did a 30° downturn, then cut the pipes flat. It sounds phenomenal. I have yet to really stomp on it, but I'm thrilled with the sound. It really sounds like a Hemi now. (I know what you're thinking: no crossover pipe? Well, as I understand the physics, you don't need it, as long as you've matched the length of pipe to the muffler. Correct me if I'm wrong. Seriously. I don't like not knowing things.) Pics to come. I wish I had snapped a few photos while it was on the lift, but I was too excited to think about it, hahaha.

(added on 4/18/2015)
    Later in this thread, I'll discuss a problem with my rear axle seeming to lock up, paint chip repair, and faux leather seat repair. I also go over an issue that seems to plague a lot of early WK's: lift glass (sometimes called "flipper glass") randomly opening whenever all the doors are unlocked. I could even hear it actuate when the glass was already open.
    I hope you find this stuff to be helpful!

(added on 7/11/2015)
    Later in this thread, I'll also discuss the installation of long tube headers originally designed for the '06-'10 SRT8 WK's. Long story short: I don't recommend it. If you have a custom exhaust shop near you, have them fabricate custom headers in-house and avoid the extra time and expense.
    Last edited by Dan.2005WK; 07-11-2015 at 01:26 PM.

Thread Information