Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dan.2005WK's Garage

Member Looking for Dirt
    Yep! The shop owner mentioned that specifically, in fact. He said that he did indeed match the lengths.
    Normally, I take the company vehicle home during the week, but I'm itching to drive my Jeep again, so I might take it home tonight and at least get a vid of a cold start. I really love that truck. I think I love it more than my last car, and that's saying a lot!

05 WK 5.7L
    K&N 57 series CAI
    True dual Flowmaster exhaust

Member Looking for Dirt
    So, on my way home last night my CEL came on. I read the code this morning: P0430 Catalyst efficiency below threshold Bank 2. Arggh. Fortunately, the shop is pretty sure it's their fault and they'll fix it for free on Tuesday. It's probably a leak from a bad weld or a pinched O2 sensor wire.

05 WK 5.7L
    K&N 57 series CAI

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Yea Def a leak somewhere. I had that same issue..
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Member Looking for Dirt
    Yeah, nobody's perfect. I won't raise a stink unless they try to charge me to fix something they broke. Judging by their reputation, though, that isn't going to happen.
    Plus, the lady who works the counter is cute, and I won't object to chatting with her again. Lol

Senior Member Getting Dirty Holiday Jones's Avatar
    That all looks real good until the cutoff. Looks like they did it with a hacksaw.lol for $850 you'd think they'd smooth the barbs and dingleberries off.
    200 Army Green Commander Limited. HEMI. QuadraDriveII!!!! 4xGuard Matrix, 3/4" D-rings, 2" Rough Country Lift, 255/75/17 BFG M/T, 1.25" wheel spacers.

Member Looking for Dirt
    They stayed an hour and a half past closing to finish it, so I think their give-a-damn might have been operating at half power, lol.

05 WK 5.7L
    K&N 57 series CAI

Senior Member Getting Dirty Holiday Jones's Avatar
    That makes sense.
    200 Army Green Commander Limited. HEMI. QuadraDriveII!!!! 4xGuard Matrix, 3/4" D-rings, 2" Rough Country Lift, 255/75/17 BFG M/T, 1.25" wheel spacers.

Member Looking for Dirt
    Question: I've heard of some people getting Durango headers (shorties or logs) to fit on their 05 WK Hemi. Is there any credibility to that claim? I've found a set of 2005 Durango 5.7 Gibson logs for about $530, and JBA shorties for about $750 (Summit Racing). I want more low-end power, and if these fit, they'd be perfect. I remember reading mention of having to dent the passenger side of the firewall about 3" to get the shorty headers to fit; I'd rather not have to do that. If the logs will work with my current custom setup, I have no qualms about springing for a set of those, particularly if I don't need to make any other modifications.
    I'll be chatting with the shop about it, obviously, but I was wondering if any of you lads/lasses had any experience with using headers made for the '05 Durango.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    In my opinion, for a tiny bit more you can have long tubes by OBX. Yes the low end may be different than with shorties but you can help that with cats, X pipe etc... If I were to go to shorties, Id save a bunch and get take offs from an SRT8 GC and use those..
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Member Looking for Dirt
    Not a bad idea. Nevertheless, I'm going to take it to the shop tomorrow and see what they think would work. I plan to get a quote for headers and, out of curiosity, a quote for a heads-on cam swap.

05 WK 5.7L
    K&N 57 series CAI

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information