Thread: Full length XK roof rack

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar

Full length XK roof rack

So I'm wondering how much interest there might be for a kind of roof rack like the ones for Land Rovers. The WK guys have the Gobis, which are really cool. The XK has a lot of real estate up top, it's a shame not to take advantage of it. I've been a fan of full-roof racks ever since the old Camel Trophy days (those rigs were uber cool!).

I stopped by a local shop in Northern NJ to ask about fabricating something like this (see picture). This is an established shop that does custom fabrication of all sorts. The guy in the office was very encouraging about making this. His fabricator is out this week, so I wasn't able to talk about any details or pricing. This rack would certainly be pretty strong, as I told him I would want to be able to put a spare wheel plus other supplies up there. However, as always, pricing improves when you order more. Would anyone else be interested? What would you be willing to pay...? ...up to $500? ...$800 ...$1000? Chime in.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LR3 Voyager 2.JPG 
Views:	882 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	2519 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LR3 Voyager 1.jpg 
Views:	293 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	2518
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Member Looking for Dirt
    5-800 for me 1000 is steep unless their is lights on it or something. But I have been looking for something like that too so I might be interested. But I would need someone else to be the tester because I would need to see installed pictures first.

Thread Information