Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Things to do while lifting

Senior Member Getting Dirty Holiday Jones's Avatar

Things to do while lifting

I'm hopefully going to be installing my RC 2" soon, and I'm just wondering if there are any other miss I should do while tires are off, and I'm in the shop. Besides the pinch weld which I plan on doing already
    200 Army Green Commander Limited. HEMI. QuadraDriveII!!!! 4xGuard Matrix, 3/4" D-rings, 2" Rough Country Lift, 255/75/17 BFG M/T, 1.25" wheel spacers.

Member Looking for Dirt
    I did wheel spacers, and sprayed the liners with black spray paint because they were a little faded.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Ross's Avatar
    For 2" of lift, theres not too much to worry about, although the pinch weld is always a good mod to do, especially if you plan on bigger tires. PS: Hope all is well with the matrix setup.
    2008 3.7L QT-1 dark blue Jeep Commander // 3+" modified OME lift with 3/8" Rocky Road strut spacer // 4" rear SL springs // 265/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs (Load E) // 1.5" spidertraxx spacers // F-150 Monroe Load Levelers // 4xguard matrix, front guard, belly guard, and rock sliders // 130 watt KC Daylighters - 2 // Airflow snorkel // Thrush welded exhaust // Defender Roof Rack with side ladder // Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

Well, I'm looking at buying a set of the bfg s off a Rubicon. 255/75/17. I think the Rubicon rims would require a spacer, BUT if I mount those tires on the stock commander rims, with 2" lift, will they work, or will I still "need" spacers? (I'm planning on spacers at some point anyway for looks and stability, but I'm just wondering if I can get by)
    200 Army Green Commander Limited. HEMI. QuadraDriveII!!!! 4xGuard Matrix, 3/4" D-rings, 2" Rough Country Lift, 255/75/17 BFG M/T, 1.25" wheel spacers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    For 2" of lift, theres not too much to worry about, although the pinch weld is always a good mod to do, especially if you plan on bigger tires. PS: Hope all is well with the matrix setup.

It's great so far. I beat up a hummer and took his lights.lol haven't been able to do anything with the winch setup I'm planning yet though

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Technically that tire size has a chance of fitting without spacers. But its so close to hitting the bolt it's not worth the risk. That tire size is 10.04" wide but all tires vary in how close they are to stated size. If your getting the spacers anyway I would wait until you have them.

Cn you not just cut tht bolt down? Or is tht like lst resort? {My "eh" button isn't working.lol}

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Holiday Jones View Post
    Cn you not just cut tht bolt down? Or is tht like lst resort? {My "eh" button isn't working.lol}

That's a I'm stuck and have no choice option IMHO. I got away with 10.45" wide tires and had little issues. All you have to do is have the shop mount one tire and see if it fits. That way your not out much money. Keep in mind if it does clear the bolt no matter by how little your good. Once the tire is mounted the relationship between the tire and the bolt never changes. So if it clears by a hair your good it will never touch.

Ok thx

Would 1.25" spacers be enough for everything to be kosher? I'll have a 2" RC lift, 1.25" spacers and 255/75/17 bfg mud terrain...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information