Quote Originally Posted by DetroitMarauder View Post
Damn, I wish I had the cash for the gear swap right now. If you still have it at the end of the year (unlikely) I'll be in a position to take it off your hands. What happened, just didn't get around to putting it on?
Feel free to pm me if you want to try and work out a deal, I could always just sell you parts separately over the next year if you'd rather have the cost spread out, I'd be sure to not sell off any parts to anyone else if a deal like that was established. Either way, there's a good chance I'll still have it at the end of the year, as not many people wheel the V6's hard enough to need\want it like I did. I had been piecing everything together for years since I couldn't afford everything at once. There were a couple factors on why I didn't install it: First, when I started buying parts, I had a shop lined up to do the change for $450 which was way cheaper then anywhere else. Sadly when I finally got everything, they had been declining in service quality for awhile and eventually went outta business. Looking back, the cost could be negated by installing the front diff yourself and just having the rear worked on by a shop. Back then I was just wary to do it myself cause all my bolts were pretty seized from years of beach wheeling and I was still a novice shade-tree mechanic. Over the last year and a half, I started having ongoing electrical ignition issues that just kept coming back after every "fix" and I had a feeling I would sell the XK, as much as I loved it, before having a chance to install/utilize the gear swap.

- Ross