Thread: Carolina Beach, NC Jeep Go Topless Day, May 16, 2015

Carolina Beach, NC Jeep Go Topless Day, May 16, 2015

Anybody here going to this event ? I am considering it. All Jeeps are invited and you do not have to "go topless". It would be great to have some Commanders show up. Click link to get info.

http://www.jeepgotoplessday.com/about-us.html

Last edited by Commander; 05-03-2015 at 06:22 PM.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Not sure if I'm going this year or which jeep I would take. With all the rule changes this year I didn't buy a permit. That place would be a little rough in a XK with know lift though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Not sure if I'm going this year or which jeep I would take. With all the rule changes this year I didn't buy a permit. That place would be a little rough in a XK with know lift though.
    You can get a permit included when you register for the event. As for needing a lift, I have a 2" RC lift, but I don't see why you really need a lift as it is only a beach. From the pics and videos I have seen of the event there are plenty of non-lifted vehicles on the beach, some of which are just "street" vehicles.
    2006 Steel Blue 5.7L HEMI Limited 4x4 Build Date: June 9, 2006 Hour 14
    Interior: Dark Slate/Light Graystone with Saddle Brown Leather Seats
    Quadra-Drive II, NAV, DVD, Trailer Tow Group IV, Off-Road Group II, Remote Start, UConnect, Rear Backup Camera, Chrome Wheels,Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, Daytime Running Lights enabled, 2" Rough Country Lift with 265/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT/S

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    You can get a permit included when you register for the event. As for needing a lift, I have a 2" RC lift, but I don't see why you really need a lift as it is only a beach. From the pics and videos I have seen of the event there are plenty of non-lifted vehicles on the beach, some of which are just "street" vehicles.

I couldn't see your sig from my phone earlier a 2" lift will be good. I've been camping on that beach for years and its some of the softest sand on a beach I've been to. The ruts get deep and the sand is soft and I've seen plenty of trucks and Jeeps stuck on that beach. They had to build a new entrance because tons of people were getting stuck at the entrance holding up traffic LOL It's no big deal I only got stuck once out their and that was because I tried pulling somebody else out. I've had to air down a bunch of times though when it gets really bad out their.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    I want to take the family to this one year in the XK.
    There was a stock XK at the end of the 2nd video
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
    I want to take the family to this one year in the XK.
    There was a stock XK at the end of the 2nd video
    That would be a very long drive from where you are ! Yes, I saw that Commander in the video .
    2006 Steel Blue 5.7L HEMI Limited 4x4 Build Date: June 9, 2006 Hour 14
    Interior: Dark Slate/Light Graystone with Saddle Brown Leather Seats
    Quadra-Drive II, NAV, DVD, Trailer Tow Group IV, Off-Road Group II, Remote Start, UConnect, Rear Backup Camera, Chrome Wheels,Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, Daytime Running Lights enabled, 2" Rough Country Lift with 265/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT/S

Thread Information