Thread: Installing Diablosport Trinity T1000 with AEV EGR Module

Junior Member Looking for Dirt

Installing Diablosport Trinity T1000 with AEV EGR Module

I had the AEV EGR Module installed to correct my speedo after running larger tires with the Superlift. I attempted to install the Diablosport Trinity T1000 and had no luck. After trying every possible combination and spending an hour or two on the phone with Diablosport Tech. support their solution was to have me send them my PCM so they could reflash it. Well, I didn't have the days to spare in order to do that as my XK is my daily driver. I ended up having to have my Jeep towed to the dealership and reflashed instead. After $200 or so down the drain and all the time wasted trying to get the tuner installed I still wasn't successful. I've since held off on trying again as I'm worried I'll have the same result. I am going to give it another try a week from today, next week Monday, after hopefully receiving some feedback from your guys. I was hoping to get some assistance or tips from the community so I don't brick my Jeep again (I do plan on making this attempt at tuning in the Dealership parking lot so I can at least avoid the towing charge!). If this attempt fails I will return it and go the Hypertech route! Should I completely uninstall the AEV EGR Module (ie use the AEV EGR Module to return it to stock) before attempting to install the Diablosport Trinity T1000? My first attempt I did not uninstall the AEV EGR Module prior to attempting to install the tuner; I hope this simple difference will allow me to get the tuner installed.

Error message first time around:

'09 XK HEMI (Gen. II Hemi w/MDS and VVT) Overland 4x4; QDII; Trailer Tow Group IV; Skid Plate Group; 4" Superlift w/AEV EGR Module; 285/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's on AEV Pintlers (Argent, JK offset)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Yes. You can't have both loaded at the same time. The Intune can correct your speedo, tune, change gears when/if that happens, turn of mds etc... I've got a decent amount of experience with the Intune and have some tips when you're ready to load a tune up let me know
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Thread Information