Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What does your screen name "nick name" stand for / mean?

Administrator
    Blog Entries

What does your screen name "nick name" stand for / mean?

This is pretty basic... You logged on with a screen name, what does it mean or how did you get it?

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Some of you are old enough to remember the search engine "Nappster", Well my last name is Knapp so the bailiff would call out "Knappster" every time I entered the courtroom (unless court was in session), so that's where it came from.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    My initials are G.P. My Dad used to call me GP and Jeep. I live in the middle of the lower peninsula of Michigan... so I'm GP in the Mitten.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I think my screen name is pretty self explanatory....lol I own a 2007 Jeep Commander!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty WanderingTs's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well our last name starts with "T". I have found many of my favorite places while Wandering, with no particular purpose other than to find out what was there (or looking for some kinda animal that was in season). This is made even better when you find something great that wasn't on a map or guidebook and is completely unexpected. Did a lot of this in my old '95 Chevy S-10 which was my original hunting vehicle. Then along came the wife, and the yougun, so with the need for a spot to put a carseat came the Commander. I plan on us clan of "T"s doing much Wandering in our new 4X4, exploring this beautiful country and fulling using the freedom we have as Americans to go Wandering over that next rise, just because it's there.

Junior Member Looking for Dirt adamag25's Avatar
    My screen name comes from my actual name Adam A Gano (adamag). The "25" was just a random number I picked years ago when I started using the screen name but this year it is for my age (25).

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Tymac's Avatar
    Ty is short for Tyler, my son and Mac is short for Mackenna my daughter. Some of you have met them in Colorado during last year's Camp. They will be with my wife Christy and I at this year's Camp. See you in a few weeks.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty El Cid's Avatar
    In my day job I'm a Professor of English at The Citadel, specializing in Medieval Literature (Beowulf and Chaucer and such). El Cid is both the nickname of The Citadel and the name of a pretty cool medieval dude from Spain.

It's also odd enough not to be taken on a forum like this.
    Mike
    2006 5.7L Limited, Inferno Red, QDII, and all goodies. Modified Superlift 4" lift-kit, B.F.G. 285/70R17 A/Ts (1.25" spacers), Aries tail-light guards, AVS ventvisors, KC Hilites off-road lights, and from 4xGuard: Belly Guard, Front Guard 4, Matrix brush guard with Receiver and Grill Hoop, Rear Diff Guard, Rear Guard 2, Rear Sliders, and Side Guards.

Junior Member Looking for Dirt
    I just inadvertently answered this in another thread.

CUPRA = CUP RAcing. It is a designation given to the performance cars in the 'Seat' brand of cars. Seat is part of the VW/Audi Group (VAG). They take production cars and take them to the 'CUPRA' facility and tweak them for more performance. Similar to SVT for Ford and SRT for Dodge here in the USA.

Well, I am originally from Scotland, and the last car I owned in the UK before moving here to the USA was a Seat Ibiza Cupra 20VT.

Below was my CUPRA - It's about the same size as a MKIV VW GTI - being as it's essentially the same car, built on the same chassis, same as the Audi A3 etc.

CUPRA was my screen name on forums in the UK, so it stuck when I moved here. It's a lot easier to get CUPRA as a screen name here in the USA that's for sure!

Senior Member Getting Dirty ScorpionCrawler's Avatar
    ScorpionCrawler:
    My digs are Pirelli Scorpion ATR's.
    OK they are not an agressive mud tire but I LOVE them.
    Drive about 30,000 highway miles a year, they are silent, have worn well and handle the snow of northeast ohio well.
    The Crawler came from my son, someday we'll build a crawler together.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information