Thread: What does your screen name "nick name" stand for / mean?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Tymac's Avatar
    Ty is short for Tyler, my son and Mac is short for Mackenna my daughter. Some of you have met them in Colorado during last year's Camp. They will be with my wife Christy and I at this year's Camp. See you in a few weeks.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty El Cid's Avatar
    In my day job I'm a Professor of English at The Citadel, specializing in Medieval Literature (Beowulf and Chaucer and such). El Cid is both the nickname of The Citadel and the name of a pretty cool medieval dude from Spain.

It's also odd enough not to be taken on a forum like this.
    Mike
    2006 5.7L Limited, Inferno Red, QDII, and all goodies. Modified Superlift 4" lift-kit, B.F.G. 285/70R17 A/Ts (1.25" spacers), Aries tail-light guards, AVS ventvisors, KC Hilites off-road lights, and from 4xGuard: Belly Guard, Front Guard 4, Matrix brush guard with Receiver and Grill Hoop, Rear Diff Guard, Rear Guard 2, Rear Sliders, and Side Guards.

Junior Member Looking for Dirt
    I just inadvertently answered this in another thread.

CUPRA = CUP RAcing. It is a designation given to the performance cars in the 'Seat' brand of cars. Seat is part of the VW/Audi Group (VAG). They take production cars and take them to the 'CUPRA' facility and tweak them for more performance. Similar to SVT for Ford and SRT for Dodge here in the USA.

Well, I am originally from Scotland, and the last car I owned in the UK before moving here to the USA was a Seat Ibiza Cupra 20VT.

Below was my CUPRA - It's about the same size as a MKIV VW GTI - being as it's essentially the same car, built on the same chassis, same as the Audi A3 etc.

CUPRA was my screen name on forums in the UK, so it stuck when I moved here. It's a lot easier to get CUPRA as a screen name here in the USA that's for sure!

Senior Member Getting Dirty ScorpionCrawler's Avatar
    ScorpionCrawler:
    My digs are Pirelli Scorpion ATR's.
    OK they are not an agressive mud tire but I LOVE them.
    Drive about 30,000 highway miles a year, they are silent, have worn well and handle the snow of northeast ohio well.
    The Crawler came from my son, someday we'll build a crawler together.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    My father was German, (Was... He died 3 years ago) and mother is American Indian. I'm an enrolled Cherokee.... a member of: The Cherokee nation; Northeast Alabama; (Otherwise known as CTNEAL) Creekpath-Willtown district. When someone claims to be Cherokee, ask them ''what's the rest of it?'' since nobody is 'just' a Cherokee.

So... many years (decades) ago, I was given the name Adondo Osda. At least that's my phonetic way to spell it in English. It means "Good Heart."

A complication for internet use as a username, Adondo is also the name for an African talking drum.

Thread Information