Thread: QD2 swap questions

QD2 swap questions

Hey guys

Been a member for a few years but this is my first post/thread. I would like some help and guidance on my latest project. I blew my transfer case and after switching it out realized my front diff and gears are damaged which most likely stressed my transfer case during a hill climb.

Commander is currently 4.7 QT2, with OME modified lift with 33" Goodyear MTR if anyone is on Instagram look up @xkmike to see photos

Decided to upgrade the Commander since I was already dumping money into it. Want to swap in a QD2 front diff, rear gear to 4.10 and install ARB rear air locker. Believe I have everything needed QD2 diff, driver side cv axle for ELS, new bushings, nitro 410 gears front and back with bear seal kits, ARB high oputput compressor and ARB 8.25 air locker. But have a few questions

The QD2 diff that I bought appears to have a different connection for the front drive shaft and appears to be about 5" shorter then the diff currently on the Commander. Did I buy the wrong QD2 diff or will this diff work? What needs to be done to make this work?

Also think I have the rest figured out. Going to have a shop install the gears and locker. I'm going to try and do all the rest myself front diff swap, air compressor and all the wiring. I've done most of the work myself lift, rear tire carrier, lights, steel bumper, so think I can handle diff and axle swap.

So from what I under stand while I'm wheeling I need to turn off the ESP to run the lockers and turn off front locker on tight turns to prevent high stress on the gears. Is this correct?

Any help and advice is greatly appreciated

Couple of photos so everyone can see build

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150612_190714.jpg 
Views:	453 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	2592Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150620_001507.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	2593

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Now I know who owns that XK LOL Seen a pic of your XK posted a few times people asking who's jeep is this. Adam AKA 07JeepXK is running the setup your talking about. You can probably reach him faster on Face Book on the Modified XK group page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/ModifiedXK/

Senior Member Getting Dirty Holiday Jones's Avatar
    Yeah, I know that xk from Instagram. You've got some good videos on there. That pic of your xfr case puking was pretty gnarly.
    200 Army Green Commander Limited. HEMI. QuadraDriveII!!!! 4xGuard Matrix, 3/4" D-rings, 2" Rough Country Lift, 255/75/17 BFG M/T, 1.25" wheel spacers.

Thread Information