Quote Originally Posted by WanderingTs View Post
If i continue to use it the way I have been, it will be many many years before I reach the life expectancy of the XK. As it gets older, as with all cars, the availability of parts is getting less and less. This is especially true for aftermarket parts and will get even worse as we reach the magic 10 year mark. As I get to the point where Jeep may be the only source of parts, prices will go sky high. Only having had the XK made for a few years did not help this either. As a side note, I wonder how the lifetime power train warranty will be honored once parts become hard or impossible to get?
Everything above is a non-issue. Replacement parts for the XK won't be phased out of OEM or aftermarket within even your next vehicles lifetime.

The value of your xk also won't drop much over the next few years, and its not worth a whole lot now relative to new vehicle prices. I'd hold off a little longer to see if some better 4x4's hit the market in the near term.... or at least an 8 cylinder (or small diesel) wrangler.