Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The War Wagon's Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar

Lightbulb The War Wagon's Garage

Well, since I'm finally doing something TO it (aside from communication gear installs and a CAI), I figure it's time to START a garage!

As an aside, she just turned quintuple 8's on Tuesday.

'Bout time I did something to it!

Going over to Gibbs here in Pittsburgh - the best 4WD shop in Pittsburgh - to get the work done.

Taking a look around the garage, I'd say a full-size Jeep might be safe in his hands...

Truckload o' tires!

I forgot to change the lighting on the camera from "indoor" to "outdoor," hence the bluish tinge in some of these pictures. I ALSO forgot to secure/cover that 5th tire, so I have black marks all over my roof. How DO we clean that semi-cloth-like covering in our headliners, btw?

Daystar lift, Spidertraxx wheel spacers, Skyjacker Nitro 8000 shocks for the rear - and (I'd almost forgot I had it!) - my Fastman throttlebody, in the white box! We're gonna slap that on too, while we're at it!

So it SHOULD be ready by next Tuesday - gotta take the wife's Grand Caravan to the Pirates games this weekend - the Ramcharger won't fit in a parking garage. Hopefully the Jeep will STILL fit in a parking garage when I'm done. A couple of the local hospitals' garages are ALREADY a tight fit for REAL-sized vehicles to start with!!!

Here's how I left her...

'07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    About time LOL Don't forget to include all your mods including your communication gear setup in the garage. If you have problems organizing it or need posts moved around just let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    About time LOL Don't forget to include all your mods including your communication gear setup in the garage. If you have problems organizing it or need posts moved around just let me know.

Was thinking about that. I'll work on it here in the days to come.
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    Ooooh... Exciting! I'm happy for you.

I need to get around to making a garage thread as well.
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Even if you Just put a link in here to a mod you have already done it will be helpful. We tend to remember who did what mod to their Jeep. So it makes it easier for people to find the mod so they can get information.

Will do. Anyone have any cleaning tips for that not-quite-cloth-not-quite-synthetic headliner of ours?

I'm a bit tired, a bit full (ribeye), and a bit full of Shock Top (beer), so I'll post a teaser here...

Guess what came home from the shop today?

And guess who can't work the time/date index setup on his camera!?

I have no idea how to clean a head liner man. You can ask my kids how I freak out if they put their hands anywhere near that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    I have no idea how to clean a head liner man. You can ask my kids how I freak out if they put their hands anywhere near that thing.

I think some super-duty Mr. Clean Magic Erasers will do the trick... I hope...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    I think some super-duty Mr. Clean Magic Erasers will do the trick... I hope...

FYI - they DID!

Wellll... here's my SECOND attempt to write this up. I wrote it up over two weeks ago, was ALMOST finished, and Firefox pulled a Microsuck on me, and crashed. I was so ticked off about it, I decided to let it go for a while.

A few pics, to start it off.

I presume this is a factory hitch, since it came with the Rocky Mountain package, BUUUTTTTTT... no matter what Dave did, there was no way to make the spare fit underneath. Not because of the bolts, but due to the size & shape of the hitch itself! So I reckon I'll start looking at a new bumper/tire carrier combo as my NEXT major mod!

Nice to have all the specs when you're doing a lift!

Got a LITTLE bit of rub, with a hard right-hander under acceleration a couple days after I got it back, so I'm taking it a little easier now in turns. Hasn't happened again & I'm not anxious to repeat it!

Anybody recognize this?

We got the Fastman throttlebody installed while we were at it. This one's now for sale, if anybody's interested.

I'll post some more (and better) pics, soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information