Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The War Wagon's Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Jeeps looking good! Glad the eraser worked I'll have to keep that in mind.

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Jeeps looking good! Glad the eraser worked I'll have to keep that in mind.

Don't oversoak 'em obviously, and they WILL disintegrate with vigorous rubbing. Wear eye protection, and be prepared to vacuum, if you can't sweep them out of your seats to satisfaction, but I was AMAZED at how well they worked. I should of taken before & after pictures.
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Exclamation

GUACAMOLE - what happened to my gas mileage?!?! It got BETTER!!!

Gassed up yesterday (had "30 miles to empty" showing) - 389 miles since my last fillup - and my gas mileage has rocketed from 10-10.5mpg, to 14.5mpg!!! I put a lift, bigger tires, and a Fastman throttlebody on it, and the mileage gets BETTER?!?!

NOTHING added to the tank - I'm still running 89 octane on an 87 octane Superchips tune. I'm still stopping & going @ stop signs every 5' here in the hills of Pittsburgh - my driving habits haven't changed, and neither has my terrain. I'm not complaining, mind you...

'07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Have you corrected for your tire size? Also the tire size changes the gear ratio a bit so you should be running slightly lower rpm at speed with bigger tires.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Have you corrected for your tire size? Also the tire size changes the gear ratio a bit so you should be running slightly lower rpm at speed with bigger tires.
    I did, which I THOUGHT would offset any mileage gain... but there you have it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information