3 50.00%
  • Keep looking, those don't work for me

0 0%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: West Coast Camp Commander 2011 / Planning Thread

Administrator
    Blog Entries

West Coast Camp Commander 2011 / Planning Thread

I know this is real early for some, but I want to get a headstart on WC Camp XK 2011.

For starters we need to select the date for this event. I assume from the discussion at Camp XK 2010 that most people want to return to Silverton and I have no problem with that.

The International Full Size Jeep Club has their event set for July 20 - 22

There is no official date for the FJ-Summit 2011 as of todays date but I will keep an eye on their forum for that information.

Lifetime Member Looking for Dirt
    I will plan to be there again
    2006 XK LIMITED
    HEMI QD2 RR 2 1/2 inch lift BFG 265X70X17 TA
    4XGAURD belly plate, trans skid plate and rock rails
    Mopar engine skid plate Spider track spacers
    Custom made CAI and MBPRI cat back
    Hypertec Tuner

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty WanderingTs's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I am not completely against going back to Silverton, but this is West Coast Camp Commander. With all of the Rockies, Sierra Nevadas, Casades, and desert areas to pick from, maybe seeing some new country wouldn't be such a bad thing? Once conquered, trails can be pretty, but they just don't hold the same mystic quailty of going someplace new that some or all of us havent seen before.
    The best things in life can not be found on a map; they can only be found while Wandering.
    __________________________________________________ ___

2007 XK - 4.7L Flex Fuel // Rocky Road 2.25 lift // Rocky Road Super Sliders // Toyo Open Country 265/70R17 tires // 4xGuard Front Guard // 4xGuard Belly Guard // 4xGuard Matrix-HC with optional front hitch // Warn XD9000I hitch mounted winch // Graco Carseat for the Youngun

http://www.xk-forum.com/blog.php - The Wild(life) Side of Jeeping

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    This event can be anywhere and at anytime, the key thing for me is early planning so that the masses can arrange for th etime off and make plans.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty El Cid's Avatar
    It seems like Colorado is a good "central" location for the attendees so far -- a number of folks are coming from the east to attend -- and it also works well for the time of year. I might well be hitting Moab and/or the deep canyon country this year, but that'll have to happen in May, before it's too bloody hot on the rocks.

There are other places in Colorado, though, besides Silverton. Staying in the San Juans, of course, we could mix things up by basing out of Ouray. But there's great Jeeping in other parts of the state, too. Out of Fairplay, for instance, there's several Ophir-like passes, pucker-inducing Red Cone, and really difficult runs like Boulder Alley.
    Mike
    2006 5.7L Limited, Inferno Red, QDII, and all goodies. Modified Superlift 4" lift-kit, B.F.G. 285/70R17 A/Ts (1.25" spacers), Aries tail-light guards, AVS ventvisors, KC Hilites off-road lights, and from 4xGuard: Belly Guard, Front Guard 4, Matrix brush guard with Receiver and Grill Hoop, Rear Diff Guard, Rear Guard 2, Rear Sliders, and Side Guards.

Blog Entries
    I have no objections to Colorado, or the San Juans. I agree it is fairly central for those who attended last year. I would second the motion to maybe base out of Ouray perhaps. Staying in Silverton is even fine though if we are close enough to the other trails in the area we haven't seen yet.
    The best things in life can not be found on a map; they can only be found while Wandering.

2007 XK - 4.7L Flex Fuel // Rocky Road 2.25 lift // Rocky Road Super Sliders // Toyo Open Country 265/70R17 tires // 4xGuard Front Guard // 4xGuard Belly Guard // 4xGuard Matrix-HC with optional front hitch // Warn XD9000I hitch mounted winch // Graco Carseat for the Youngun

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I wanted to make a trip out west but unfortunately ill be in Iraq all of next year.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    The people ate Red Mountain are really good to us too and we have a relationship that keeps the prices lower than everywhere else and they throw in some extras like the grill, next year Jim said he would give us a meeting tent if we want one.

Blog Entries
    I liked Red Mountain, but while I haven't priced RV sites in the Colorado area, I wasn't that impressd that we got a good deal. We stopped in Moab for two nights on the way to Colorado and had just as good or better for half the price.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WanderingTs View Post
    I liked Red Mountain, but while I haven't priced RV sites in the Colorado area, I wasn't that impressd that we got a good deal. We stopped in Moab for two nights on the way to Colorado and had just as good or better for half the price.
    I shopped the area and Red Mountain is the best price there, the only cheaper option is dry camping.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information