Looking at the Snowy Peaks site rate area, it appears they have a very limited number of water and electric only sites. I am fairly certain this is what we had in Silverton last year? I see 6 sites listed at @ $30 per, then a few more if someone wanted "premium". I also saw that the rates are for one or two persons only and each additional child over age two is $4 a day.

According to KOA's site, a back-in 20 amp electric hookup at KAO is with $35 per night extra charge for kids starting at age 7. KOA had a much wider selection of options for those with other types of rigs (larger motorhomes, etc) and I can only assume the prices went up from there. The KOA is also very spread out which might make it harder for evening chatting.

Knappster, did you talk to Snowy Peaks? Being a smaller place maybe there would be more likely to either give us ammenities or give a discount? Photos of both places look nice, so if everything else is equal I think Snowy would get my vote based on price. Gas is supposed to be expensive this summer and anywhere we can cut costs is great news in my book.