• Buena Vista KOA

3 50.00%
  • Keep looking, those don't work for me

0 0%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: West Coast Camp Commander 2011 / Planning Thread

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Well then if nobody has any issues I am fine with Buena Vista as it does have amenities for off trail time and I too like clean camping when it is an option.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    The combined votes over the two forums is 6 for July and 2 for August, I say we give it 24 hours and close the date window so we can start the reservation phase.

Any other thoughts?
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty strokeZ's Avatar
    Good idea. Don't want to leave it open too long
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 4-1/2" AEV lift w 35" Toyo's

03 BMW Z4 2.5i ESS Stage 2 Supercharged, Custom Suspension, Stebro Exhaust, Hamann Side Skirts

85 BMW 535is Lowering springs, bilstein sport shocks, extra attitude

Lifetime Member Looking for Dirt
    I agree
    2006 XK LIMITED
    HEMI QD2 RR 2 1/2 inch lift BFG 265X70X17 TA
    4XGAURD belly plate, trans skid plate and rock rails
    Mopar engine skid plate Spider track spacers
    Custom made CAI and MBPRI cat back
    Hypertec Tuner

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Now we need to pick which camp site on the other thread!

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty El Cid's Avatar
    Snowy Peaks is a touch closer to town, and certainly easier if a person was going to walk it. I don't think you could walk from the KOA to town since it's over the river. Don't know if that matters to folks or not.

Snowy Peaks might be a touch noisier, though, as the KOA is set back quite a bit north from the road to Fairplay, if I recall.

They're both great choices, though. I'm easy!
    Mike
    2006 5.7L Limited, Inferno Red, QDII, and all goodies. Modified Superlift 4" lift-kit, B.F.G. 285/70R17 A/Ts (1.25" spacers), Aries tail-light guards, AVS ventvisors, KC Hilites off-road lights, and from 4xGuard: Belly Guard, Front Guard 4, Matrix brush guard with Receiver and Grill Hoop, Rear Diff Guard, Rear Guard 2, Rear Sliders, and Side Guards.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    The date is now set so please make your vacation plans, please go to the base camp thread and make your wishes known as we need to set the location within the next day or two as well.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty WanderingTs's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Looking at the Snowy Peaks site rate area, it appears they have a very limited number of water and electric only sites. I am fairly certain this is what we had in Silverton last year? I see 6 sites listed at @ $30 per, then a few more if someone wanted "premium". I also saw that the rates are for one or two persons only and each additional child over age two is $4 a day.

According to KOA's site, a back-in 20 amp electric hookup at KAO is with $35 per night extra charge for kids starting at age 7. KOA had a much wider selection of options for those with other types of rigs (larger motorhomes, etc) and I can only assume the prices went up from there. The KOA is also very spread out which might make it harder for evening chatting.

Knappster, did you talk to Snowy Peaks? Being a smaller place maybe there would be more likely to either give us ammenities or give a discount? Photos of both places look nice, so if everything else is equal I think Snowy would get my vote based on price. Gas is supposed to be expensive this summer and anywhere we can cut costs is great news in my book.
    The best things in life can not be found on a map; they can only be found while Wandering.
    __________________________________________________ ___

2007 XK - 4.7L Flex Fuel // Rocky Road 2.25 lift // Rocky Road Super Sliders // Toyo Open Country 265/70R17 tires // 4xGuard Front Guard // 4xGuard Belly Guard // 4xGuard Matrix-HC with optional front hitch // Warn XD9000I hitch mounted winch // Graco Carseat for the Youngun

http://www.xk-forum.com/blog.php - The Wild(life) Side of Jeeping

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    There is no clear winner in the selection process.

I thought Snowy Peaks looked nicer and has a lot of shade trees compared to the rustic look of the KOA

The price was similar depending on the hook-ups you want

The KOA can get us all closer to each other where as Snowy Peaks is half full already so we would be spread out throught the park

The KOA has Kabins for those who do not want to tent and do not have a trailer or other RV, Snowy Peaks rents RVs but I would guess thatthe cost woul dbe higher than the Kabins at KOA

Snowy Peaks in closer to town for those who want to go for a walk into town, but not a long drive from the KOA

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty El Cid's Avatar
    Both solid for me and my peeps. If all was equal, I'd favor the one that gets us closer together -- but then maybe y'all prefer being further away from me!
    Mike
    2006 5.7L Limited, Inferno Red, QDII, and all goodies. Modified Superlift 4" lift-kit, B.F.G. 285/70R17 A/Ts (1.25" spacers), Aries tail-light guards, AVS ventvisors, KC Hilites off-road lights, and from 4xGuard: Belly Guard, Front Guard 4, Matrix brush guard with Receiver and Grill Hoop, Rear Diff Guard, Rear Guard 2, Rear Sliders, and Side Guards.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread Information