Thread: Turbo 4.7 Grand Cherokee?

Turbo 4.7 Grand Cherokee?

(Repost) I have a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 4.7 liter V8 and i have a turbocharger I keep as a desk toy just chillin’ on my desk. How do these engines respond to boost? How does the transmission handle the power? It’s a Laredo so it’s the QuadraTrac II not the QuadraDrive from the limited. Pictures below. Thanks guys.Attachment 2643Attachment 2642

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess no one here have experience installing that turbo to a GC.

Quote Originally Posted by GCgohard View Post
    (Repost) I have a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 4.7 liter V8 and i have a turbocharger I keep as a desk toy just chillin’ on my desk. How do these engines respond to boost? How does the transmission handle the power? It’s a Laredo so it’s the QuadraTrac II not the QuadraDrive from the limited. Pictures below. Thanks guys.Attachment 2643Attachment 2642

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hears an update on what has went on. The turbocharger was intsalled. Had to upgrade fuel injectors cause stock wasnt holding up too well. It lasted about 2-3 months but eventually the exhaust impeller blew to tiny smitherines. Was extremely fun while it lasted. Boost came on roughly between 3800-4300RPMs spun first and second. Was only on about 11lbs of boost. But maybe it was due to how bald my tires were. I have two clips on youtube though it isn't much. I broke the phone that had most of the pulls and 60mph rolls. Raced my buddys 6.2 sierra denali. Took it with ease by about 1 and 1/2 cars. 5.0s and v8 camaros were more of a challenge but if the pulls were done where the turbo was already spooled (2nd gear at about 65) i would take and have the lead until about 100. Then the sports cars would gap me not by much though.

Check out the two little weak ass clips i have here: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCMncCn_aFV2BOHKl3AUcoAw

Also since then i have done a Torque Management delete and wired in a switch to toggle on and off. Not sure if i want to experiment more with the Grand cherokee has 230xxx on the clock. A rebuild might be needed soon. Trans is holding up like a champ!

Also been looking at a Nitrous Pontiac G8 lately. Test drove still on the fence though because the Jeep never fails to put a smile on my face!☺

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GCgohard View Post
    Hears an update on what has went on. The turbocharger was intsalled. Had to upgrade fuel injectors cause stock wasnt holding up too well. It lasted about 2-3 months but eventually the exhaust impeller blew to tiny smitherines. Was extremely fun while it lasted. Boost came on roughly between 3800-4300RPMs spun first and second. Was only on about 11lbs of boost. But maybe it was due to how bald my tires were. I have two clips on youtube though it isn't much. I broke the phone that had most of the pulls and 60mph rolls. Raced my buddys 6.2 sierra denali. Took it with ease by about 1 and 1/2 cars. 5.0s and v8 camaros were more of a challenge but if the pulls were done where the turbo was already spooled (2nd gear at about 65) i would take and have the lead until about 100. Then the sports cars would gap me not by much though.

Check out the two little weak ass clips i have here: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCMncCn_aFV2BOHKl3AUcoAw

Also since then i have done a Torque Management delete and wired in a switch to toggle on and off. Not sure if i want to experiment more with the Grand cherokee has 230xxx on the clock. A rebuild might be needed soon. Trans is holding up like a champ!

Also been looking at a Nitrous Pontiac G8 lately. Test drove still on the fence though because the Jeep never fails to put a smile on my face!☺

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk
    Hey man i been wanting to put a turbo on my 4.7 i have some questions as of where did u mount the turbo? Do you have any pics of the set up?

Thread Information