Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: On Board Air

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Yeah i've been finding it for $200-$250 which is basically the same price as the VIAIR kits i was looking at. Although the Puma looks like it'll fill the tires a bit faster based on specs, I like the compactness of the VIAIR kits... and that'll still fill up the XK tires in less than 2 minutes. Throw a good tire plug kit in that bag and leave it in the vehicle and you're good to go if you get a flat or something as well.

Junior Member Looking for Dirt SKIUTAHJEEP's Avatar
    I just ordered this compressor off amazon today. I will let you know how I like it.
    Q Industries MV50 SuperFlow Hi-Volume Air Compressor
    http://www.amazon.com/Industries-MV5...9&sr=8-8-spell

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Awesome. Let us know how it works. Maybe do an air down test and time how long it takes to go from 15 to 35 psi for us.

Senior Member Getting Dirty HueyPilotVN's Avatar
    I just discovered what might be the ultimate "On board Air" package and I did not even know that I had it. I just watched the DVD that came with my Country Coach Motorhome and it showed me three air line hookups under the front bumper on the driver's side. These three connections each have shut offs and are all the standard 3/8 inch threaded female ports. I put quick disconnects on them for three air lines. I got a 50 foot Goodyear airline and I already had a couple of less expensive airlines for my portable compressor. The compressor on the coach is very powerful. It fills both the primary and backup air tanks in about 15 secconds after starting the diesel engine. It will also lift about 25 tons or 50,000 pounds several inches up within 30 seconds of starting. I do not know the constant flow rate but I do know that both air pressure guages stay at about 80 psi all the time. I think that this will come in very handy as a base camp air supply with three hoses. It should also provide plenty of air for air tools.

Here is a picture of the coach. I will take pictures of the air connections tomorrow in the daylight.

I guess I might have to put a coin operated timer on it...... Thats my story and I am sticking to it.
    2007Jeep Green Limited
    4.7 Flex Fuel, Rocky Road 2.5" Lift on front, 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17
    Chrome Nerf Side Bars, K&N CAI, Flowmaster muffler, Aluminum Diamond Plate Locking Trunk installed
    Factory Roof Pod, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
    Did anyone else read the fine print in the brochure and get a $500 rebate for being a Veteran?

Junior Member Looking for Dirt SKIUTAHJEEP's Avatar
    I recieved my portable air compressor a few days ago. Q Industries MV50 SuperFlow Hi-Volume Air Compressor. I took my tire down to 20 psi and it took 2 min and 15 sec to pump it to 36 psi. So far I think it works great!! It was $65. Its small and easy to store in the XK.
    2008 Sport, 3.7L, QT-1
    Current Mods: 2.25" RR lift with RR rear shocks, 265/70-17 Bridgestone Dueler Revo 2, 17" MB wheels v-drive.
    New Mods: Front Tow hooks, and 1 MOAB sticker.

Senior Member Getting Dirty HueyPilotVN's Avatar
    Here is a couple of pictures of the air connections under the front left of my Motor Home. I put quick disconnects in the three air ports so that I did not have to screw in the male end of the air line every time I wanted to use it. By the way, I thought the two air tanks normally were regulated to hold 80 psi, actually they each hold 120 psi all the time. I aired up a flat tire in about 30 seconds using the hose today.

with one air hose connected

2007Jeep Green Limited
    4.7 Flex Fuel, Rocky Road 2.5" Lift on front, 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17
    Chrome Nerf Side Bars, K&N CAI, Flowmaster muffler, Aluminum Diamond Plate Locking Trunk installed
    Factory Roof Pod, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
    Did anyone else read the fine print in the brochure and get a $500 rebate for being a Veteran?

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    That can come in real handy at Camp Commander.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Banned Looking for Dirt
    I have had my Viair Heavy Duty #10005 for a little over 2 years now with no problems, and I do have it mounted up side down.
    I placed it in the spare tire location with the tank being protected by the rear 4x skid.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidCold View Post
    I have had my Viair Heavy Duty #10005 for a little over 2 years now with no problems, and I do have it mounted up side down.
    I placed it in the spare tire location with the tank being protected by the rear 4x skid.
    I would like to see that mod!

Banned Looking for Dirt

The only pictures I have on it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information