But what if your spare for the spare goes bad?

Wait... I already know the answer. That's why you put another one on the roof rack!

And in case that one goes bad, you really ought to have another on the hood.

And if that goes bad, common sense dictates that you toss another one outboard on the passenger side (doubles as a rock bumper in tight spots, too).

And if that goes bad ...

I'm giving you a hard time, but I understand that kind of thinking 100%. It's just not for me personally. I guess I'm an optimist who hasn't been burned yet. To me it's like carrying an extra driveshaft. Would I be glad I had it in some terrible worst-case scenario? Sure. Am I going to carry one? Don't think so. Must have room for beer.

Of course, am I going to be seriously grateful that someone else is carrying one when I "win the lottery" and splinter the driveshaft? You better believe it!

This thread is quickly getting hijacked on the issue, but I'll also point out that you can already carry a bigger tire than stock in the OEM hold. If I remember rightly, I'm pretty sure you can fit at least a 265/70R17 deflated, strapped, and raised carefully. That doesn't account for an "emergency spare to the spare," obviously, and you need to carry an air compressor (which is a good idea anyway), but it'll get the job done without the need to add a swing-away carrier with its weight and possible reduced clearance.

All of which doesn't mean that we may not ultimately make one for you. The customer, as they say, is always right. Right?

So y'all want a spare tire carrier. What else?