Thread: Do you carry a "full Size" spare tire?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Getting Dirty HueyPilotVN's Avatar
    I do have several comments about this subject. First, I think that except for our friend from down under, I am the only one with a second gas tank with a full skid plate. I had to relocate the spare for the extra 30 gallons of gas. I also run 265/70/17 tires so the old spare was a couple of inches smaller. I like the spare mounted on the back for several reasons. It does look cool, it gives me lots of comfort to know that I have 55 gallons of gas for long long trail rides, I have a portable gas station for my bud's on the trail, and I can easily check to be sure that my spare is not flat when I need it.

In addition to carrying an air compressor, I would suggest that you get a plug kit. It has a tool that looks like a pointed scredriver with a hole in the end and you use it to insert a rubber and cord plug into the hole where you had a puncture along with sealant. It works and will get you off the trail without having to break the bead on a tire.

Last edited by HueyPilotVN; 08-28-2010 at 10:35 AM.
    2007Jeep Green Limited
    4.7 Flex Fuel, Rocky Road 2.5" Lift on front, 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17
    Chrome Nerf Side Bars, K&N CAI, Flowmaster muffler, Aluminum Diamond Plate Locking Trunk installed
    Factory Roof Pod, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
    Did anyone else read the fine print in the brochure and get a $500 rebate for being a Veteran?

Thread Information