Thread: National Camp Commander

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cico7 View Post
    I think Indianapolis is "The Crossroads of America"
    Here is a park in Indianapolis:

http://www.badlandsoffroad.com/

and another... http://www.haspinacres.com/
    Last edited by Knappster; 08-30-2010 at 01:56 PM.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    The badlands is where Midwest Commander took place It looks ok but not big enough or hard enough to entertain us all I think. There are parks in the middle I've read about them and seen some on tv now we just have to find them. Ideally because of the distance being traveled by some, amenities should be on the list as well as enough room for campers and RV's. If the middle will bring more out I'm down but I'm willing to consider any location if it's worth the drive. I also agree that 2012 would be the earliest to pull this off not sure but might have to be 2013. Maybe we can find a place most of us have never been to we would need at least one member thats been there its easier that way.

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    I really don't like EC/WC/MW group names. But I am down with National event that is easily
    accessible to everyone and will accomodate everyone's needs.

Look at locations of past Jamborees or Camp's Jeep.
    Last edited by cico7; 08-30-2010 at 05:57 PM.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Tymac's Avatar
    So in 2012, if we ditched the WC and called the event in Colorado a National Event that would be ok?
    To be honest I don't think a private venue would satisfy, because you'd need more than a couple of thousand acres to entertain even a single Commander for the week let alone 40-50 Commanders.

Plus members need to realize you don't need every after market part thats is available. Just stock metal skid plates. If you plan to run stock suspension, then I would highly recommend some belly protection like the one offered by 4xguard. Other than that stock tires and lift is fine. Just ask consolidation. I watched him wheel out there the last 2 years with a full crew in his ride to boot and he hasn't had a problem yet.

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Move Colorado East toward Illinois, and I'm in....

I would love to go to Colorado it would be awesome but as Don pointed out probably to far for most people. Were probably going to have to do some research here and post up some centrally located place and have a bunch polls put out to cover the where and the when. I hope that the West and East coast guys don't all vote on separate places because thats what we got now. There is a 4 state box that centers the country, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoman and Arkansas seem to be about the center of the country. So to keep the group from splitting up and not agreeing maybe we should limit are choices to these states. I have no idea if there is anything worth while in those states we need to check it out. Then there is the time line we need to give enough notice that people can reasonably make plans.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I would agree that real trails and roads in the real world would be better than a park setting. I do not know ANYTHING about that part of the country so it would take some scouting from someone in the area. Colorado is amazing and the folks from the east would love it but I am sure they can say the same thing about their part of the country.

That site was pretty cool and seemed to have tons of trails. This is one we will have to check out I think.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    The badlands is where Midwest Commander took place It looks ok but not big enough or hard enough to entertain us all I think. There are parks in the middle I've read about them and seen some on tv now we just have to find them. Ideally because of the distance being traveled by some, amenities should be on the list as well as enough room for campers and RV's. If the middle will bring more out I'm down but I'm willing to consider any location if it's worth the drive. I also agree that 2012 would be the earliest to pull this off not sure but might have to be 2013. Maybe we can find a place most of us have never been to we would need at least one member thats been there its easier that way.
    Actually the badlands has plenty of tough stuff. But at only 800 acres it is probably to small. I've only been there on Saturday but with all the other rigs and atv's out there it gets a little tight. Add in 20 or more rigs all in one group = not fun.

I don't know of anything in Nebraska or Kansas. I'm guessing Colorado, Wyoming, Arkansas or Missouri to be the best bets.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information