Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: National Camp Commander

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Junior Member Looking for Dirt Simplewon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redrockv8 View Post
    I always thought St.Louis, MO was home of the Corvette...Back in the 60's they had the only assembly plant in the USA..(or so I thought)
    HT
    It used to be, until they moved to Bowling Green. In 1980 to 81 Corvette Assembly Plant moved from St. Louis to Bowling Green
    06 Commander, 5.7 Limited. Black. 2 inch RC 245 75 Duratracs
    04 Z Roadster. Super Black.
    98 ZJ 5.9 Limited. Stone White. 245 75 16 BFG KO

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    I really don't like EC/WC/MW group names. But I am down with National event that is easily
    accessible to everyone and will accomodate everyone's needs.

Look at locations of past Jamborees or Camp's Jeep.
    Last edited by cico7; 08-30-2010 at 05:57 PM.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Tymac's Avatar
    So in 2012, if we ditched the WC and called the event in Colorado a National Event that would be ok?
    To be honest I don't think a private venue would satisfy, because you'd need more than a couple of thousand acres to entertain even a single Commander for the week let alone 40-50 Commanders.

Plus members need to realize you don't need every after market part thats is available. Just stock metal skid plates. If you plan to run stock suspension, then I would highly recommend some belly protection like the one offered by 4xguard. Other than that stock tires and lift is fine. Just ask consolidation. I watched him wheel out there the last 2 years with a full crew in his ride to boot and he hasn't had a problem yet.

Move Colorado East toward Illinois, and I'm in....

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I would love to go to Colorado it would be awesome but as Don pointed out probably to far for most people. Were probably going to have to do some research here and post up some centrally located place and have a bunch polls put out to cover the where and the when. I hope that the West and East coast guys don't all vote on separate places because thats what we got now. There is a 4 state box that centers the country, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoman and Arkansas seem to be about the center of the country. So to keep the group from splitting up and not agreeing maybe we should limit are choices to these states. I have no idea if there is anything worth while in those states we need to check it out. Then there is the time line we need to give enough notice that people can reasonably make plans.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I would agree that real trails and roads in the real world would be better than a park setting. I do not know ANYTHING about that part of the country so it would take some scouting from someone in the area. Colorado is amazing and the folks from the east would love it but I am sure they can say the same thing about their part of the country.

Now everyone is arguing about the location. LOL Don't tell me your not arguing, because you are saying the same thing.

Start looking for places to go. The location will find itself. Throw the ideas into basket, shoot nothing down.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    That site was pretty cool and seemed to have tons of trails. This is one we will have to check out I think.

About Black Mountain Recreational Park Ky
    Black Mountain is managed by the Harlan County Outdoor Recreation Board Authority and has over 6,000 acres of mountainous terrain (elevations up to 3,300 feet) with over 200 miles of marked and rated trails. They have beginner, intermediate and extreme rated trails available for the riding enthusiast. Trail maps are available and there is primitive camping. Best of all, there are no fees or permits required to ride. The riding area is open all day year-round.

Black Mountain Rec Park Link

About Red Creek Off Road Tennessee
    Red Creek is a privately-owned tract of approximately 500+ acres in southern central Tennessee. They have a map on-line for your use at their web site. Camping is available, both primitive and full hook-ups. They are open from 2-6:00 pm on Fridays, 9:00 am to 6:00 pm Saturdays, and and 9:00 am to 6:00 pm Sundays. Primitive camping fees are $5.00 per person per night (children 12 and under camp for free). RV full hook-up sites are $25.00 per night for 2 adults and $3.00 for each additional person over the age of 12. Cabins are also available to rent. It is stringly suggested to make reservations prior to arrival for RV hook-ups and cabins. Reportedly the best looking femal 4x4 enthusiasts ride at t his park!

Directions to Park Link

Missouri
    http://www.bricks4x4farm.com/
    http://www.mostateparks.com/fingerlakes/trails.htm
    http://www.stjoestpark.com/
    http://www.flatnasty.net/
    http://www.offrdranch.com/

Mississippi
    SMORR
    Last edited by cico7; 09-01-2010 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Just a couple ideas....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information