Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: National Camp Commander

Member Looking for Dirt El Comandante's Avatar
    Since we're planning so far ahead why not go big? Can this be a XK-Forum sponsored event featuring guest representatives from sponsored businesses like 4xGuard, etc.? Can we pick a place that will allow us to reserve a private space just for us and maybe go even bigger and rent a stage and put some entertainment on there like a band or DJ? Can we maybe talk to Jeep and have them come out and showcase some promotional material? Seems like we would have enough time to plan something of this scale. I could vouch for finding the entertainment since I'm in the industry as my hobby.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I think that would be awsome! Wherever it might be im definately game. But it needs to be somewhere with some nice trails.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I think the first thing we to do is find a place that the majority of us can agree to. Then once we no where we are going we can work on when. Then we can start lining up more stuff for the event. We would also need a point of contact for us some one to take charge and spear head the operation I cast my vote for anybody but myself LOL. Maybe the three organizers for our chapter events can pool there resources.

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    I think the first thing we to do is find a place that the majority of us can agree to. Then once we no where we are going we can work on when. Then we can start lining up more stuff for the event. We would also need a point of contact for us some one to take charge and spear head the operation I cast my vote for anybody but myself LOL. Maybe the three organizers for our chapter events can pool there resources.
    Not me, I don't play well with others...

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    About Black Mountain Recreational Park Ky
    Black Mountain is managed by the Harlan County Outdoor Recreation Board Authority and has over 6,000 acres of mountainous terrain (elevations up to 3,300 feet) with over 200 miles of marked and rated trails. They have beginner, intermediate and extreme rated trails available for the riding enthusiast. Trail maps are available and there is primitive camping. Best of all, there are no fees or permits required to ride. The riding area is open all day year-round.

Black Mountain Rec Park Link

About Red Creek Off Road Tennessee
    Red Creek is a privately-owned tract of approximately 500+ acres in southern central Tennessee. They have a map on-line for your use at their web site. Camping is available, both primitive and full hook-ups. They are open from 2-6:00 pm on Fridays, 9:00 am to 6:00 pm Saturdays, and and 9:00 am to 6:00 pm Sundays. Primitive camping fees are $5.00 per person per night (children 12 and under camp for free). RV full hook-up sites are $25.00 per night for 2 adults and $3.00 for each additional person over the age of 12. Cabins are also available to rent. It is stringly suggested to make reservations prior to arrival for RV hook-ups and cabins. Reportedly the best looking femal 4x4 enthusiasts ride at t his park!

Directions to Park Link

Missouri
    http://www.bricks4x4farm.com/
    http://www.mostateparks.com/fingerlakes/trails.htm
    http://www.stjoestpark.com/
    http://www.flatnasty.net/
    http://www.offrdranch.com/

Mississippi
    SMORR
    Last edited by cico7; 09-01-2010 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Just a couple ideas....

Quote Originally Posted by cico7 View Post
    About Black Mountain Recreational Park
    Black Mountain is managed by the Harlan County Outdoor Recreation Board Authority and has over 6,000 acres of mountainous terrain (elevations up to 3,300 feet) with over 200 miles of marked and rated trails. They have beginner, intermediate and extreme rated trails available for the riding enthusiast. Trail maps are available and there is primitive camping. Best of all, there are no fees or permits required to ride. The riding area is open all day year-round.

Black Mountain Rec Park Link
    That seems cool but at reading the description in the site it sounds more of an ATV park.

And I agree about finding a place first, seeing if everyone else agrees and if we have enough attendees then we can plan this at a grand scale, I can volunteer to help on a couple of items.
    - Oscar aka LuvMyCommander
    2008 Commander 3.7L V6
    Mods: OEM tow hitch, OEM 7 pin tow wiring, OEM fog lights, daytime running lamps enabled, 4xGuard Matrix Guard w/grill hoop kit, RC 2" lift kit, K&N drop-in filter, PIAA 510 ATP aux lights

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jcoulter View Post
    Actually the badlands has plenty of tough stuff. But at only 800 acres it is probably to small. I've only been there on Saturday but with all the other rigs and atv's out there it gets a little tight. Add in 20 or more rigs all in one group = not fun.

I don't know of anything in Nebraska or Kansas. I'm guessing Colorado, Wyoming, Arkansas or Missouri to be the best bets.
    My fear with a "park" is just that, I think there would be so many rigs that we would not have as much FUN as if we had our own space.

For those who have not been to Colorado, I can tell you that is the place to go. I know it is a long drive but if it was a National Event and all the extras of a big event it really would be worth the drive and because some of us run it every year we know most of the trails and can make a much more spectacular event. JMHO!
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by El Comandante View Post
    Since we're planning so far ahead why not go big? Can this be a XK-Forum sponsored event featuring guest representatives from sponsored businesses like 4xGuard, etc.? Can we pick a place that will allow us to reserve a private space just for us and maybe go even bigger and rent a stage and put some entertainment on there like a band or DJ? Can we maybe talk to Jeep and have them come out and showcase some promotional material? Seems like we would have enough time to plan something of this scale. I could vouch for finding the entertainment since I'm in the industry as my hobby.
    Yes, XK-Forum can sponsor the event and would be glad to regardless of location. I really think that is we look at Colorado we have more space and better trails. I also think it woul dbe easier to get corporate sponsors for an event like that over a park setting but do not know that as a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    Yes, XK-Forum can sponsor the event and would be glad to regardless of location. I really think that is we look at Colorado we have more space and better trails. I also think it woul dbe easier to get corporate sponsors for an event like that over a park setting but do not know that as a fact.
    Hmm, I wonder how far of a drive would it be from Chicago to Colorado.

Actually I just looked and it's about an 18 hour drive from Chicago to dead smack middle of Colorado. What city is this park in?
    Last edited by El Comandante; 09-01-2010 at 11:54 AM.
    - Oscar aka LuvMyCommander
    2008 Commander 3.7L V6
    Mods: OEM tow hitch, OEM 7 pin tow wiring, OEM fog lights, daytime running lamps enabled, 4xGuard Matrix Guard w/grill hoop kit, RC 2" lift kit, K&N drop-in filter, PIAA 510 ATP aux lights

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by El Comandante View Post
    Hmm, I wonder how far of a drive would it be from Chicago to Colorado.

Actually I just looked and it's about an 18 hour drive from Chicago to dead smack middle of Colorado. What city is this park in?
    The place we go is in Silverton. They have over 200 spots so we would all fit, there are hundreds of trails, likes rivers. It is close to MANY tourist spots, white water rafting, narrow gauge train, museums, historic towns, Telluride gondola ride...

The Camp manager told me he would set up a big tent for group events.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information