Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rear Bumper Group Buy?

Thumbs up Rear Bumper Group Buy?

I'm getting ready to purchase a Stone Soup Metal Rear Bumper with tire Carrier. I spoke with Doc about current pricing. Currently he is quoting bumpers at $1100 for the bumper and $350 for the Carrier. He did say that the price of the carrier is approximate and may change. With four more bumpers being ordered as part of a group buy, he will knock $200 off the price of the bumpers.

It is tax refund season, so I thought this would be a great time to get one of the best rear bumpers on the market for our XKs.

Give Doc a shout via email if you have any questions. [email protected] I will be ordering within the next week or so.
    Blue 2006 Jeep Commander Limited, 4.7L... AFE, Flow Master 50, Jeep Slush Mats, Grab Handles, 1.5" spidertrax, RC 2", and hacked AVIC-Z120BT w/ infinity refs all around + 320GB music library. Need a basket badly! Also need new rear bumper! (dam u blind spot)

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I'd love one but unfortunately spent my tax return already. I had a bunch of stuff that needed to be fixed on the XK.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I do want one but I can't just yet. Bumpers are a little further down the list of mods and a front bumper will come before the rear.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    x2... Front bumper is first on my list of "bumper" upgrades; but id still like to get skids and shocks first.

For a good price group buy on a front bumper, id consider moving it up the list though... and even consider putting it on plastic so i wouldnt miss the opportunity (figure how often will there be a group buy for Commander bumpers?)

I totally know where you guys are coming from. My only problem is I need a rear bumper now!
    Blue 2006 Jeep Commander Limited, 4.7L... AFE, Flow Master 50, Jeep Slush Mats, Grab Handles, 1.5" spidertrax, RC 2", and hacked AVIC-Z120BT w/ infinity refs all around + 320GB music library. Need a basket badly! Also need new rear bumper! (dam u blind spot)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spigot View Post
    I totally know where you guys are coming from. My only problem is I need a rear bumper now!
    i want to see a pic of this damage. maybe you can "trim" it out and install an 8" offroad light there instead!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
    i want to see a pic of this damage. maybe you can "trim" it out and install an 8" offroad light there instead!

It's in a weird spot. No trimming that I think.

Senior Member Getting Dirty HueyPilotVN's Avatar
    It looks to me like a little Bondo, some sanding, primer and touch up paint. Of course if you are looking for an excuse for a new bumper. Another alternative is to Bondo it and use Bedliner on the bumper.

Last edited by HueyPilotVN; 02-26-2011 at 08:55 PM.
    2007Jeep Green Limited
    4.7 Flex Fuel, Rocky Road 2.5" Lift on front, 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17
    Chrome Nerf Side Bars, K&N CAI, Flowmaster muffler, Aluminum Diamond Plate Locking Trunk installed
    Factory Roof Pod, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
    Did anyone else read the fine print in the brochure and get a $500 rebate for being a Veteran?

Quote Originally Posted by HueyPilotVN View Post
    It looks to me like a little Bondo, some sanding, primer and touch up paint. Of course if you are looking for an excuse for a new bumper. Another alternative is to Bondo it and use Bedliner on the bumper.
    I know. That is my dilemma, I really want a front too! So do I bondo it and spend the cash funding the Doc front bumper?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    If you off road a lot a front bumper is a good idea. You need that protection and mounting points up front. I thought about rear ending the jeep in front of today on the trails to get a new front bumper. He had a steal rear bumper so I don't think it would of bothered him at all. LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information