Thread: Secondary Fuel Tank How-Too?

Lightbulb Secondary Fuel Tank How-Too?

I'm interested in a secondary fuel system with a switch to activate the second tank and toggle back and forth. I have no idea how to go about starting this mod. I think someone here has done this, maybe you can help?

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    HueyPilotVN has completed this mod, the kit is still available out of Southern California (I think they have on left anyway). I wanted it but I do not have the $

Senior Member Getting Dirty HueyPilotVN's Avatar
    2007Jeep Green Limited
    4.7 Flex Fuel, Rocky Road 2.5" Lift on front, 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17
    Chrome Nerf Side Bars, K&N CAI, Flowmaster muffler, Aluminum Diamond Plate Locking Trunk installed
    Factory Roof Pod, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
    Did anyone else read the fine print in the brochure and get a $500 rebate for being a Veteran?

Junior Member Looking for Dirt OurJeepLife's Avatar
    This would be an awesome install to cover.. Removing the spare tire from underneath, and installing the tire on a swing arm while installing the spare tank in an open are there the tire was.. Man we could go farther.. Still wish it was diesel.

This is mine from LRA (Long Range Automotive)...Australian company..Capacity 29gal with transfer pump & LED fuel gauge on dash. Tank is for the Grand but fits the Commander. Don't be put off if you don't see it on their site..It is available.

Last edited by xhjeep; 10-15-2010 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Extra info added

Quote Originally Posted by xhjeep View Post
    This is mine from LRA (Long Range Automotive)...Australian company..Capacity 29gal with transfer pump & LED fuel gauge on dash. Tank is for the Grand but fits the Commander. Don't be put off if you don't see it on their site..It is available.

What was the cost?

Senior Member Getting Dirty HueyPilotVN's Avatar
    The auxillary tank setup that I installed included the tank, sending unit, pump, guage, timer switch, hoses, skid plate, and installation.
    It was done by Aero Tanks. They used to be in Corona, California but are now in San Bernadino, California. I paid $1,000 for the setup.
    Jake, (the owner) did make up at least one complete kit to have in stock. Here is their web site.

http://www.aerotanks.com/veh/jeep.htm

Last edited by HueyPilotVN; 10-17-2010 at 01:01 AM.
    2007Jeep Green Limited
    4.7 Flex Fuel, Rocky Road 2.5" Lift on front, 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17
    Chrome Nerf Side Bars, K&N CAI, Flowmaster muffler, Aluminum Diamond Plate Locking Trunk installed
    Factory Roof Pod, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
    Did anyone else read the fine print in the brochure and get a $500 rebate for being a Veteran?

Thread Information