Last weekend, we took a day trip up into the Blue Mountains. We headed east from Walla Walla, on Government Mountain road, followed it to the last where it dumps out on USFS 64, then meandered for a zillion miles and hours later 'til we popped out in Dayton. (The spider web of forest roads was so complex, I don't even remember how we got back to pavement again)

Once again, we had to head back to town with a fingernails-on-a-blackboard screech of a pebble stuck in the brakes. That's about the 6th time. Every time, the wheel has to be removed, and the stubborn rock pried out with a screwdriver. Most of the time, I get lazy and let Les Schwab do it. (The tire store chain)

The original factory wheels with their flush to the rim spokes and sharp 90 degree edges act like blades on a combine header. They're infamous for packing snow and ice too. We about wrecked last year when several pounds of ice broke out of one of the ''pie slice'' shaped spoke spaces, and suddenly was EXTREMELY out of balance while doing 60 MPH on the freeway. I had to use my Leatherman to chip out the rest of the ice, while parked on side of the freeway.

Tomorrow, my new wheels will be in. I'm having these installed:
(They should help get rid of the ''soccer mom mobile'' look too. )