Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Michigan CPL - Kahr CW9

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I took the classes and got my certificate but never brought it to the sheriff station. Maybe if I ever own a fire arm I'll turn it in to get my permit.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty XK N00b's Avatar
    I'm glad we dont need permits to carry (even concealed) here in AZ but, my .50AE Desert Eagle is too big to lug around :P
    2008 Overland in Black
    Loaded, Leather, 5.7 Hemi QDII,
    All 3 MOPAR Skids, VEC, Tow Pkg., 2" Rough Country Lift, 1 1/4" Spidertrax spacers, 255/75/17 BFG M/T's, Flowmaster 50 series muffler

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    I have my cpl here in WA & it allows me to carry in some other states. I have 3 main different ones I use as my main carry, in the order of my fav's. H&K USP 40 Full Size, Smithfield Armory XD 45 ACP with a 4", and also my Smithfield Armory 1911 Mil-Spec 4".

I have been hearing that they are trying to push thru a new rule that if you have a CPL @ your home state that all states that allow CPL's will be honoring yours. I have not been able to confim this yet myself hopefully its true, it will make things so much easier for of us that travel via a car or in our case a Great Jeep
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Tymac's Avatar
    It's good to see a thread on this topic is still going.

Last year my wife got her CCW as we call it in Ohio and for Christmas Santa left her a Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm compact with 4 clips and 4 boxes of ammo.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tymac View Post
    It's good to see a thread on this topic is still going.

Last year my wife got her CCW as we call it in Ohio and for Christmas Santa left her a Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm compact with 4 clips and 4 boxes of ammo.
    Nice. How does she like the PX4?
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty WanderingTs's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    In many places in CA it is next to impossible to get a concealed carry permit.

It is currently legal to open carry an unloaded firearm. (State legislators are trying to ban this as I write.) Unloaded defined as no ammunition attached to the firearm in any way (so none in the mag either). I have always wondered about why someone would open carry like this. It seems provocative - someone may choose to pick a fight with you because you are displaying the gun, but then it is not available for use because it is unloaded. An unloaded firearm is just a very expensive rock to throw at someone.

Either let people carry, or don't.

Just my .02
    The best things in life can not be found on a map; they can only be found while Wandering.
    __________________________________________________ ___

2007 XK - 4.7L Flex Fuel // Rocky Road 2.25 lift // Rocky Road Super Sliders // Toyo Open Country 265/70R17 tires // 4xGuard Front Guard // 4xGuard Belly Guard // 4xGuard Matrix-HC with optional front hitch // Warn XD9000I hitch mounted winch // Graco Carseat for the Youngun

http://www.xk-forum.com/blog.php - The Wild(life) Side of Jeeping

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    I agree about open carry in CA - why bother if it can't be loaded...

In WI we have permitless open carry (fully loaded, but with lots of restrictions to where one can go) but no means to legally conceal; although the courts have ruled repeatedly that in certain circumstances and places, personal protection trumps the ban on concealed carry. At least our current legisative branch and governor say they will support concealed carry as soon as someone actually proposes a bill. Hopefully it will be permit-less open AND concealed carry similar to Arizona, Alaska, Wyoming, Vermont, and a number of other states soon. Constitutional Carry coming soon to a state near you.

I do have a Utah permission slip which allows me to conceal in 33 other states, just not my own!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information