Thread: Headlight Adjustments????

Headlight Adjustments????

My 06 Commander has headlights that seem to be pointed too high, at least thats what people on the highway at night figure. I usually drive with the foglights on to offset the glare of the headlights. On the light I have found 1 adjustment screw but it says for adjustment of left to right, I haven't been able to find one for up and down. Anyone else run into this or been able to adjust them, I figure it will get worse when lifted and front end level with the rear. I usually put duct tape on as "eyelids" when I tow my trailer.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    I guess I could go out and look at mine, but what I remember, is a torx screw underneath the pop-open door. You pull up the access door above the headlights, and you should see the elevation adjustment.
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

Thanks, I passed on the info to my Wife but she figures I can do it when I eventually get home. She's not so worried about it now, oh well.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I need to adjust mine down a hair. Maybe ill do it tonight or tomorrow night.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Member Looking for Dirt
    I have been getting the brights from oncoming drivers since I put on my lift and tires.
    The leveling must be aiming my headlights too high.
    - Keith -

07' RedRock Crystal Sport XK, 4.7 Flex, QDII, leather, power liftgate, remote start, moonroof, skylights, power pedals and seats, Boston Accoustics, 20% tint, Mopar skid plates, splash guards and slush guards, 2" RC lift, SpiderTrax, Kelly TSR 265/70/17 .

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I get the same thing, I drive with my finger on the brights to hit people back when they flash me. I figure my fogs are on that tells anyone my brights are off so no need to flash me LOL but sometimes I feel bad sitting behind people. I actually caught some idiots at work because of the lights they were flashing me and yelling at me threw the windows while I was on staff duty. They felt real stupid when I got out the look on there faces was priceless LMFAO

Good info! I'm in the same boat, so ill be adjusting mine down a touch tonight.

Thread Information