As an "ex" wrangler owner I found that many of the plastic parts on any jeep make and model have or seem to have a lack of dye or pigment injected into the molds. (Ie Fenders, etc) The introduction of Krylon's new Fusion (plastic spray paint) this lead me to do some of my own testing.

After some testing on the Old 99 wrangler.. I thought I would give the 07 Commander a new look.. Masking off the step plate located on the rear bumper. I attempted to spray a light coat of the fusion paint on the step plate.

Originally my main goal was to chrome many of the accessories myself. But found that the (gold) clear coat didn't hold up on silver chrome parts as I would have hoped.

Never the less I set out to refinish the rear bumper step with the black krylon plastic paint. After two coats I was very surprised at the results. Although The step plate tuned out nicely, Will I have to refinish the step plate in a few years?.. Will the paint simply wear off? in other words.. what do I have to look forward to before I apply more paint on other plastic parts.

You can view the before and after results via:

Our JeepLife - Jeep Commander Rear Bumper Touch-up

btw. Contacted Krylon soon after, and they informed me that it was acceptable how I did this touch up. But the "promoter" would have helped. So far 4 weeks and no signs of wearing off.