Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The XK-Forum

Senior Member Getting Dirty

The XK-Forum

I'm happy to see a new forum for Jeep Commanders. I like that it is owned by Jeep Commander Owners and not a big corporation of forum owners. I'm looking forward to its growth. Congratulations to the founders....GP

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Thank you for your support, Word of mouth and many more Commander owners will make this the "Ultimate" Jeep Commander Forum. The open channels of communication should help make this and enjoyable site for all parties, Welcome and happy posting.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Welcome everyone! This will be the Ultimate Commander Forum.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Tymac's Avatar
    I was glad to hear about this a couple of nights ago. This even seems to be a little more friendly with my webos on my Palm PrePlus. I just hope everyone uses the same username so It doesn't take me another year to figure it out!

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    I'm here... under my usual username.

Yes, it will be nice to have an XK forum just for XK owners. (As in not buried and/or lumped in with Cherokee's on jeep.com) They annoy me on a couple of counts:

A) Commanders are barely acknowledged as Jeeps, and

B) what acknowledgment they do get is only as a sub-cousin to a barely acknowledged Jeep Cherokee.

For crying out loud, XK's have been around since 2006, and it's half way thru 2010!! How long does the Commander line need to exist before they're recognized as Jeeps on Jeep sites?!?

I still get people that come up and ask what it is. C'mon it's been out almost 5 years!

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    How about the members who come on and call the Commander a JC?

That confused the heck out of me at first.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    But JC means Jeep Commander. I'd personally rather have someone call it that then a hummer!
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Junior Member Looking for Dirt
    I'm still amazed at people looking at the Jeep Commander and actually trying to figure out what it is! I've had several looks like that. And if you consider it, it doesn't 'say' Commander on the tailgate like most vehicles, the only place you see it is down the sides.

I think all the Chrome Trim makes them look a little more expensive (not that $48k or so new is cheap) so I am sure people wonder if it's the new Mercedes G Wagon or something. (I guess having my 'Vodafone McLaren Mercedes' decals on there aren't helping any - that's the Formula One team I follow).

One thing I do like is that they never 'redesigned' the XK, so it won't look like an 'old' model, simply because it is the 'only' model of XK, unlike the Jeep Grand Cherokee, which you can look at and tell how old they are.

My XK is a 2006, yet it's in such good condition, someone came to lunch with me the other day and asked if it was a 2010 model!
    Last edited by CUPRA; 06-14-2010 at 09:17 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information