Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The XK-Forum

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    But JC means Jeep Commander. I'd personally rather have someone call it that then a hummer!
    JC is also the initials of ''Jeep Cherokee.'' So, now it's clear as mud.

Lifetime Member Looking for Dirt wmjacobsjr's Avatar
    Thanks to 2 of my friends for telling me about this site. I didn't want to change usernames so people would know it was me. I still get people who think I am crazy for taking my XK off-roading.

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Uh, mike, Did I tell you about this new forum? XK-forum.com you should check it out....

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty WanderingTs's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have had very similar experience to others here. Mostly for me I have people ask me what model of Cherokee it is. They figure since the styling is similar it must be a super-sized Cherokee of some sorts. On this point, I feel a little guilty myself since when I tell people I have a Commander, and they say, "A what?", I tell them it looks similar to a Cherokee only larger.

Junior Member Looking for Dirt Phunkeydude's Avatar
    So many times I heard people say my heavily modified Commander looks like a Hummer and could not believe its a Jeep. However, I feel I did my share of impacting the Jeep world out there when I would plow over obstacles on trails that "only a Wrangler could do with lockers". LOL, I loved to see jaws drop when the XK would prove it was more than worthy to be called a trail rated Jeep.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Tymac's Avatar
    While mine wasn't as built as your's I still never shy'd away from a challenge. I'm sure cico and Mike would atest to that. The numbers are extremely low when you consider the Commanders that do get offroaded compared to those that do not. I guess most view the Commander as an alternative to an Escalade.

And for those that may view this thread, going through deep snow on top of a paved road is not offroading. Sorry to disappoint you.

Although I do give props to the few guys on jeepcommander.com that turned their Commanders into "g" machines. They look sweet!

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I am here !! I did change my username from Smitty1970. Smitty was my dad's nickname, not ever mine. I didnt like it too much and wish I could have changed it . There is only one person that ever calls me that anyway. So you guys will just have to call me Neil.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Junior Member Looking for Dirt
    First off, Happy Father's Day to all you dads. When I was at Jeep Skool in May, I was leading a Wrangler and S-10 Blazer through the backwoods. The trails are rutted badly and most of the obstacles are tree roots from near-by trees. I made it over one such tree root conglomerate, only to high-sided on the right side by another tree root about 100 yards up the trail. The Wrangler couldn't make it past the first tree root and had to be winched out. He comes up to me, apparently amazed that I made it so much farther up the trail than he did and says, "That Commander is a beast!" I could only grin back.

Thanks for the new forum!
    Last edited by Little Evil; 06-20-2010 at 01:25 PM.

Lifetime Member Looking for Dirt wmjacobsjr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cico7 View Post
    Uh, mike, Did I tell you about this new forum? XK-forum.com you should check it out....
    Hey thanks my friend. You are always a big help. I really do mean that.
    I can atest for that Jason. We were going places we didn't go into in November. I even went into a place where I had to back out and man was it tight. That was when I made the wrong turn and you guys went another way.

Hey Mallory I remember you saying you still had mud from May on your XK. Well I still had mud under it from November. lol

Junior Member Looking for Dirt
    Ohio mud has a certain "stick" factor that the car washes can't seem to remove!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information