Thread: Work day Uwharrie

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar

Uwharrie work day (XK pulling its weight)

I just completed a work day this weekend at Uwharrie National Forest. I shinned the light in a few eyes this weekend about the capabilities of the XK. When I first showed up I got the normal stair I think we all get, the your taking that on the trail look. By the end of the work day saturday the standard phrase of the day was, "well, Sal did it. I guess I have to do it now." I had a few people chime in on how surprised they were with the XK and the XK was the topic of a few discussions because of what I was able to concur in it. Put it this way every one up there had at least rear lockers most were locked front and back and I hung with them on every trail and obstacle we came across. I did how ever have to take two bypasses over a two day period with no skid plates I could not risk it. Here are a few pics I'm still working on getting the video uploaded I have to edit it first.

Poser Rock

I can't say enough for volunteering to work on the trails you ride. It really goes a long way to help keep trails open not to mention helps keep the FS funded. So where ever your public trails are you ride on stop by the FS station and ask about volunteering.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Fantastic photos, Let us know when you plan to do more of these and maybe other local owners can hook up and help out.

is that v-cross a local, never seen one on the trail how did it do?

Quote Originally Posted by s52e368 View Post
    is that v-cross a local, never seen one on the trail how did it do?
    He's not local but he does go up all the time. and it did awesome he could pretty much go where he wanted and took all the hard lines every where we went. He's locked front and back a little under powered if you ask me he had to bump up where most could power up.

Work day Uwharrie

It's that time of the month again. No not that you sick ******* LOL. Time to go do some work on the trails again. Anyone interested hit me up I'm leaving tonight so I don't have to get up at 0400 to be there on time.

Thread Information