Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JeepbyAl's 4" lift

Junior Member Looking for Dirt

JeepbyAl's 4" lift

So i bought the standard superlift and ended up sending it back because i wanted something else. Alot of talk has gone on about the JeepbyAl 4" lift. what is you all's opinions on this lift? is it worth $3500+? any pictures of it on a commander? Thanks
    2007 Jeep Commander Overland///5.7L V-8 hemi////Quadra-drive II////Cobra Cb with PA system////K&N cold air intake////Superchip Flashpaq////Navigation system////Boston acoustics Future mods: 4" superlift///All terrain tires///HD UCAs///HD LCAs///OME front coils///Rancho rear coils///Defender roof rack///light cage///Steel bumpers///Rear differential guard///Rocky Road supersliders///tail li

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    From the discussions I have had do not by this lift yet at least. There are not enough details on it yet there 4" lift is in the prototype stage anyway I believe. But they do not have a drop down bracket for the front diff as of yet. Give them some time to iron all the bugs out. At last word they were changing the springs on the lift because the first set did not give them the a full 4" lift. The one you're looking at I think is there old one I would wait for them to finish what they have going before purchasing the kit. Right now the SL is the best complete kit on the market. That being said the best 4" lift you can get would be a combination of three different lifts right now. Most the Sl lift with some pieces from rusty's lift and throw in JBA UCA's and adjustable front struts is the best way right now but I'm not sure you could get those individual pieces from those places. If the SL list is not what you were expecting I recommend waiting to see what JBA'a final product will be

okay sounds good. i just liked the components of the jeepbyal's lift with the shocks and hd ucas
    2007 Jeep Commander Overland///5.7L V-8 hemi////Quadra-drive II////Cobra Cb with PA system////K&N cold air intake////Superchip Flashpaq////Navigation system////Boston acoustics Future mods: 4" superlift///All terrain tires///HD UCAs///HD LCAs///OME front coils///Rancho rear coils///Defender roof rack///light cage///Steel bumpers///Rear differential guard///Rocky Road supersliders///tail li

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I think we need everyone to start sending E-mails to Rancho, Rough Country, Etc and ask if they plan on making a lift for the XK/WK Jeeps (same drivetrain).

As long as SL is the only manufacturer, they'll charge what they want and never improve upon their design.

I would not run ANY kit that's truly 4" of lift but does not correct CV, tie rod and balljoint angles. From a dynamics standpoint there's a few other issues involved due to the load paths and allowable travel with lifts like that as well... so no, i would not recommend the JBA right now. I would however run the SL kit with some nice adjustable coilovers (instead of the cheap spacer they give you... my #1 reason for not buying the kit yet). Add on some JBA UCA's that have a heavier duty and replaceable balljoint and you'd be in the realm of a sweet setup for these vehicles. But it really would be best if more companies tried to jump into the market for these vehicles...

Just one of many opinions though. Good luck!

Once again Matt you hit it on the head and I 100% agree with you. Michael you can order your own shocks and get what you need. I know JBA was switching to a new shock as well so they have bugs to kick around. JBA makes some sweat parts as Matt said. I'm not a shock expert so I can't help with that. Matt probably can tell you more about which ones and the length though he know what he's talking about.

thanks! so do you think i should just go with the Rusty's superlift and add the coilovers, blisten 7100s in the rear, as well as the HD UCAs?

From what I read the Rusty's is using mostly SL parts and added an adjustable track bar or something and some small changes. the 7100 seem to be the way to go from reading around and yes the JBA UCA's I think are a must and the adjustable coil-overs are just awesome IMO. I think that would be one expensive way to go. I would give the guys time to chime in and I can do some more research for you as well.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I wish I had some first hand experience with the Rustys and SL kits to really see the difference since there's been a few discrepancies posted by members that I haven't been able to verify. If I was to order today, i'd lean towards the Rustys. (if you're around central NJ, let me know... i may be able to help out with the install and get a close up look at the kit..).

For the coilovers, I know JBA is working with Fox on developing theirs. So i'd see how that turns out. KING also lists a coilover P/N for the WK (which should work for the XK) in their new catalog. If they're not listed for sale by mid summer i'm planning on contacting them to see what their plans are. They have a rear shock option too that would work well with their coilovers once released. I would stay away from the 7100's.... Bilstein has been concerning me lately in the quality department.

Another option i'm looking at for rear shocks are the Rancho 9000's. They have a rear shock that'll work perfect for our XK's with a 4" lift. The 9000s are also adjustable so I think that would really help for dialing them in for the perfect ride in combination with a set of Fox or King Coilovers (depending on what types of shocks they may offer).

The HD UCA's by JBA are a "must have". At the first sign that my upper balljoints are going, i'll be ordering their UCA's as my replacement, not questions asked. I think i have persuaded them to consider some tie-rod upgrades for us as well.... not a definite yet, but if they do make them that would be a really good idea if you plan on offroading.

It wouldnt hurt to get the SL or Rustys now, and then add the other parts as the stock items wear...

thanks man for everything! i guess i am going to order my SL tomorrow and look into the Ranchos. I will get pics up as soon as i get it installed. one last thing. What are your feelings on the JKS sway bar disconnects?

forgot about that thread about all the Bilstein blowing out and failing. See thats why you wait for a someone else to chime in. Solid advice Matt, I would go in the same direction as well.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information