Thread: what axles am i looking at?

what axles am i looking at?

i was wondering as to what the axles are that i have? i assume a 30 in front? and a 44a in back right?

what lockers has anyone put on theirs? i see some extra room in the engine compartment that is telling me that i need to get some arb lockers front and back?

i don't think aussie lockers are made for xks are they? i had those in my tj and was about to put some in my wj at the time but never got around to it?

plus i was thinking when i go larger tires, i could install an airtank in that spot?

i do like the idea of getting an extra fuel tank as well? but it looks like an airtank and a fuel tank might be a pretty tight fit? probably not very safe to have those to so close to one another as well?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    QT1&2 (10 bolt diff cover) have the 8.25" Chrysler axle and ARB makes a locker for the them. I forget whats up front someone else can chime in on that. If you have QD2 (12 bolt diff cover) Then they don't make one.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    If you have QD2 (12 bolt diff cover) Then they don't make one.
    But the QD2 works so well you really do not need lockers anyway.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    But the QD2 works so well you really do not need lockers anyway.
    I was going to say that but I just figured you guys could toot your own horns LOL

Thread Information