Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I love this forum

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I love this forum

I've come to realize that the members of this forum seem to have a little more experiance and knowledge than many members on the other forum. Not saying that this forum and we are any better than the others, we are all members over there also, but we have " been there, done that " when it comes to the Commander. Its almost as if the other forum is a beginning stage and then you graduate over here. Its kinda nice to not see the same old thread about which tire size will fit. Nobody reads the stickies, do they ? I really like that. Thanks again to Jon for getting this thing up and running.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I would have to agree with you on that I think the members over here are more knowledgeable and more serious about the XK and the life style that comes with it. Also if you notice that all the serious responses on posted problems on the other site come from the members here.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    I would have to agree with you on that I think the members over here are more knowledgeable and more serious about the XK and the life style that comes with it. Also if you notice that all the serious responses on posted problems on the other site come from the members here.
    Yes, I have noticed. Also, no " Post Nazi " . LOL !!
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I used to edit and delete many of the rude and offensive comments over "there" but some members would jump all over me for doing it. I thought I would let it run it's course and let the members see how hard I used to work. I did delete a few today and issued some warnings (And then that person reported my posts as offensive).

Thanks for your support, I too like this forum much more.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilSmith View Post
    Yes, I have noticed. Also, no " Post Nazi " . LOL !!
    Over here I do not have to enforce all the rules becuase the members are more mature about their posts

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    Over here I do not have to enforce all the rules becuase the members are more mature about their posts
    I hope you know that I was not referring to you as the Post Nazi. I got into a little tiff the other day on there about a blown tire I just could not take the stupidity of the comments any more. I have myself posted some stuff that was not thought threw thoroughly or made mistakes but I think I handled those mistakes in a proper manor by researching and asking questions. I'll give you three guesses on who the post nazi is and two of those guesses don't count LOL

Blog Entries
    No Jon, you are not the " Post Nazi ". LOL !!!
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I hope you know that I was not referring to you as the Post Nazi.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilSmith View Post
    No Jon, you are not the " Post Nazi ". LOL !!!
    That is good to know, I was called that a year or so back by a couple of members.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Im pretty sure I know who he is refering to.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Member Looking for Dirt El Comandante's Avatar
    I'm just happy not to see replies from a certain somebody correcting everyone and quick to point out that their question had already been posted by someone else years ago. He's not on here too is he? lol

I don't consider myself a veteran from the "other" site since I was still fairly new but I did notice a lot of the things everyone is mentioning and it does get a little annoying. This is my first Jeep so I'm not that knowledgeable yet but I did pick up on a lot of things quick and usually I try to find the answers myself but if I can't find them I'm grateful for sites like this.

I have noticed that nobody posts questions or comments about their interior door handles or which wiper blades are the best, etc. on this site and it seems like this forum is more for the Jeep XK lifestyle and I like that. So good job and hope to see more out of this forum.
    - Oscar aka LuvMyCommander
    2008 Commander 3.7L V6
    Mods: OEM tow hitch, OEM 7 pin tow wiring, OEM fog lights, daytime running lamps enabled, 4xGuard Matrix Guard w/grill hoop kit, RC 2" lift kit, K&N drop-in filter, PIAA 510 ATP aux lights

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information