Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I love this forum

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    My bad every now and then I let people push my buttons. I'm being good now, he took another shot at me in "comment about the user above you thread" and I am not going to hit back maybe LOL
    For some reason I feel that you've probably had your pants on fire. LOL !!!
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Senior Member Getting Dirty HueyPilotVN's Avatar
    Just a couple of ideas to keep in mind. It is very easy for an attempt at a friendly jab to be seen as a snide comment online. As I have said before you do not have the moderating influence of actual eye to eye contact to give you the clue that it is a joke. Another thing to consider it that he is almost always on the site and I do not mean a few hours a day but rather all the time. Years ago when I was alone I spent many hours a day on the Vietnam Vets site and it does become a substitute for other interactions with people. I am not saying this to tweak anyones guilt meter, just stating a fact about the Internet. I joke alot online and I am sure that I have offended some people without intending to.
    2007Jeep Green Limited
    4.7 Flex Fuel, Rocky Road 2.5" Lift on front, 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17
    Chrome Nerf Side Bars, K&N CAI, Flowmaster muffler, Aluminum Diamond Plate Locking Trunk installed
    Factory Roof Pod, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
    Did anyone else read the fine print in the brochure and get a $500 rebate for being a Veteran?

Quote Originally Posted by HueyPilotVN View Post
    Just a couple of ideas to keep in mind. It is very easy for an attempt at a friendly jab to be seen as a snide comment online. As I have said before you do not have the moderating influence of actual eye to eye contact to give you the clue that it is a joke. Another thing to consider it that he is almost always on the site and I do not mean a few hours a day but rather all the time. Years ago when I was alone I spent many hours a day on the Vietnam Vets site and it does become a substitute for other interactions with people. I am not saying this to tweak anyones guilt meter, just stating a fact about the Internet. I joke alot online and I am sure that I have offended some people without intending to.
    ^^^^^^^
    Nuff Said...

Senior Member Getting Dirty ped4599's Avatar
    I think the reason you see such a wealth of knowledge here, is because this forum is because its members are/were the "regulars" from over there that have were around fromt the earliest days of the Commander. Its seems like the "big kids" all started another club and have left the "little kids" in a group to fend for them selves.

I have been on the other site for a long time and was hesitant to join here since i dont have enough time online to be checking two forums regularly. But i finally joined since it seems like most of the regular knowledgeable posters, are now here. Its very obvious to me that the majority of the posting being done there is from people who have owned a commander, or jeep for that matter, for less a year.

I guess I have followed the crowd and it seem like this could some day be what the other site started out to be----with less drama.

But, I am still going to use both.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Well were definately glad that you joined the xk-forum!
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    I rarely even check the other one anymore. Though I will probably post a for sale item there - more traffic, and I'm sure most here already have front tow hooks.

Internet addiction - my wife calls it Facebook But to be fair to her, she is just as social in person.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information