Thread: Hello All From Houston Tx!

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar

Hello All From Houston Tx!

Name is Ryan and i'm here in Houston Tx (But originally from augusta, ga).

I've got a 4.7 with QTII. It's kind of a light goldish (not to be confused with gold fish) color. So far the Mods are 2.25 RR lift, 265/70/17R Hankook Dynapro M/Ts, Factory towing package and cooler, and Front Tow hooks. I have at this exact moment a defender roof rack sitting in the garage awaiting the mounts in the mail tomorrow. There are some Bilstein 5150's in the mail as we sp...err..type and hopefully they will be here this week. Also i'm awaiting shipment of my 4xguard Front skid plate in which the order has processed but not yet shipped.

Going wheeling at Marble falls near the end of october. Hope to have fun.

I look forward to reading and learning lots here on the forum.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Welcome to the xk-forum!

I hope you like those 5150's. Did you happen to read any of the threads on the other forum for the install of those? The eyelets are a little more narrow then oem shocks so you need to use a couple washers on each side of the eyelet or you'll get a clunking noise in the rear. If you have any questions let me know and I can help you out. Also, do you have QT II or QD II? I noticed in your sig on the other forum it says you have QD II but you just posted saying you have QT II.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

I did read the Articles on how to install and i Must give you a great big thanks. I've already bought all the bolts washers and also some heavy duty lock nuts. I'm only anxiously awaiting their arrival and it shouldn't take long to swap them out.

I just realized my mistake on the other forum as i often mix the two systems up. I'm pretty sure i'm a QT II as I don't have the Hemi. I still may be mixed up so correct me if i'm wrong. The QDII is the ELSD diff which came on the Hemi Model and the QTII is the normal axel with nothing more than traction control. I do of course have Neutral and 4x4 Low. Feel free to educate me further if i got that wrong again.

Thanks for the Quick Welcome.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Actually, QDII with the front and rear ELSD's does come on some of the 4.7 Liter Commanders. If you had QD II you would have a badge right below the shifter that says Quadra Drive II. Im debating doing the swap to QD II when I get back from Iraq if I can find the axles cheap.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Right. I forgot about that badge....mainly cause i don't have one so It's definitely QTII. I've only had my jeep for a little under a year and it's my first jeep, but am loving every minute of fun i can have with it. It's amazing how capable this thing is even with no ELSD and just the traction control in 4 wheel High. On the muddy rut filled trails i've been on in GA i rarely needed 4 low and rarely needed to turn traction control off. There have been a few times though that it was mandatory.

Thanks for your help. I really like the new site. Not quite so many ....trivial issues and more hardcore facts.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers

I made my Garage and will be adding posts as I add new things to the XK.

http://www.xk-forum.com/showthread.p...acerc-s-Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty Ross's Avatar
    Hey fellow Texan! I live about 30 min south of houston.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty strokeZ's Avatar
    Yeah there are a few of us down here. I'm in the loop.
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 4-1/2" AEV lift w 35" Toyo's

03 BMW Z4 2.5i ESS Stage 2 Supercharged, Custom Suspension, Stebro Exhaust, Hamann Side Skirts

85 BMW 535is Lowering springs, bilstein sport shocks, extra attitude

Howdy! Nice to know the 4th Largest City has a few XK owners that are finding their way here.

Thread Information