Thread: Superacerc's Garage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    That's a great Idea! I'll probably do that. It would only take maybe a half inch or so. Thanks for the tip.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

CB Install

After going to the offroad park a few weeks back I realized the need to have a CB as well as a Ham radio. This lead me to install a Uniden 510. Nothing special but it gets the job done and fits nicely in the drivers cubby hole. The antenna is a firestick 2 5/8wave with the tuneable loaded top (my wife went under a drive through and lost the little red cap that was on the top). After properly tuning it with the SWR meter last night for a perfect match it seems to be working well. I mounted it on the Roof Rack which could have acted as a grounding system had it not all been painted and was one piece but as it is I ran a #10 ground down to the chassis where I grounded the Lights.
    I noticed in the SWR meter the power output seems to be close to 15 watts. Very odd for a radio that claims that it only puts out 4 watts on the box (it is brand new and no mods have been done on the radio). I got an excellent signal report from a friendly gentleman on the way to work that says it sounds great.

You can see the wire I used to ground the bracket in the circle on this picture.

2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers

Took a pic on my parent's land in GA. It was dusk and we were checking on some deer feeders.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty strokeZ's Avatar
    Normally I am saying this to the opposite sex, but I have to admit I like your rack! :-)
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 4-1/2" AEV lift w 35" Toyo's

03 BMW Z4 2.5i ESS Stage 2 Supercharged, Custom Suspension, Stebro Exhaust, Hamann Side Skirts

85 BMW 535is Lowering springs, bilstein sport shocks, extra attitude

Thanks.... I think..

Well it's been a while since i've been on here due to the fact i'm in virginia and have been for about 3 weeks now for training (yorktown). I was planning on getting the ARB locker for christmas but changed that plan due to my Hankooks getting a Nail in the back drivers side tire and being pretty worn in general. I got some BFG KM2's put on today and .........

Had to trim the pinch weld and reshape the plastic. I was pretty proud of not having had to do this with the Hankooks but I guess they were worn enough that it wasn't a big deal. The KM2s had so much more tread on them that I could tell it was going to be a problem if I were to need to drive on any roads that weren't perfectly straight. All is well now and I don't have any rubbing. I'll get some pictures up sometime this weekend when I get the chance to post some. The tires cost more than the ARB locker would have so I had to give up that idea for the moment.

As for when I hope to have the ARB locker..... i do have a birthday coming up this spring!

Here are the new tires:

Thread Information