Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Superacerc's Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superacerc View Post
    I'm in Dakar Senegal right now and guess which jeep I saw? A diesel Commander Limited! I'd just like to note I've not seen any other jeeps at all. Plenty of ford escapes though surprisingly.
    What the heck you doing over there? Did you stop the guy and ask for a ride LOL I would of

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    Suprise Deployment!! yaay! I've known about it about 1.5 weeks. We have a Coast Guard Cutter coming into port here in Dakar tomorrow that needs a french interpreter and that's me. Not my normal gig but what can you do? I'll be here about 3 months.

He wasn't in his Jeep. It was parked on the side of the road at the main market here. i Want that diesel so bad!
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

I guess i'll have to recall my second to last post about only seeing a Commander. I just saw a Limited CRD.
    I'm jealous.

Here's a pic of the Grande Mosque here in town.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers

I'll be home next week. Sure are a lot of new faces here from the last 2 months i've been out. I can't wait to get back in the XK.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superacerc View Post
    I'll be home next week. Sure are a lot of new faces here from the last 2 months i've been out. I can't wait to get back in the XK.
    Hope you have a safe trip, bro.
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Hey I had a couple questions on how you mounted the sheet metal guard of your coolant lines. Do you have any pics of the install? Did you just rivet them on there? Any info would be greatly appreciated, my first cover I fabbed up got ripped off, and i really want something to keep the tires out of there on the trail. Thank you!
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

The only real pictures i have are the ones i already put up here. I bought a large enough piece of sheet metal. I cut it down to a size that was bigger than the area i needed to work on. I started bending and shaping it as i needed to get it to go where i needed it. I had to make almost a right angle cause i extended it under the jeep a little ways so i had to make 2 triangle cuts to get that to fit. I used self tapping sheet metal screws to screw it down in at both ends. When i finished it up it still rubbed a bit so i used a hammer to finish the shaping process and to get it to lay as close as possible to the lines. Then i painted it black. It still will rub every now and then when my wheel compresses but it aint going anywhere.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Ok cool, I might message you some questions if thats ok with you. I would hate to loose all my coolant way out in the middle of nowhere
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Well i'm officially in texas once again. It's quite nice to be home. Tomorrow will be my first day back to work and i'll be happily driving the XK for a while.
    My 1966 ford F100 is about ready to come to texas and join me. It's getting the finishing touches put on in Augusta GA during the next 2 weeks and will be trailered up here by my dad once finished. I had an alarm system installed and a Dewalt Tracking system (lojack basically) for just in case it decideds to go home with someone besides me. I have a feeling i'm going to have to keep it under a tight watch here in Houston. The falcon will be going back with him though and although i'll be sad to see it go I like the truck much better (especially since it has A/C, disc brakes, power steering, and independent suspension).

On a sad note I'm going to have to post pone the Big Bend trip i was planning for september cause i've been too busy and need to get things back on track here. I'll bump my thread about it.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Welcome back, post pics of the truck when you get it back..........I love old cars! One day i will have a '51 Chevy/GMC truck, one day.
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information