Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Superacerc's Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    Just Ordered some Hella 500FF Driving lights. I'm going to reconfigure my lights this coming week. I'll put the two Hella's in the middle and have a seperate switch for them. The two i remove from the middle are going to the back of the jeep to use as backup lights and the two top outermost lights are going to be turned sideways and then down a bit to use as exterior lighting for offroading at night or just lighting things around the jeep up. (Depending on how that looks i might change it up some)

The Hella FFs are supposed to throw a nice long spotlight like beam so it'll be an extra pair of high beams for me.
    Also going to order the Leveling Spacer this week.
    Before the Trip i'm going to pick up a High Volume 2 cylinder air compressor that hooks to the battery in the jeep so I can air down and not take all day to fill up again. It's going to be a fun month!
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Just ordered the Rusty's Offroad 1/2 inch leveling spacers.

I also just did an oil change yesterday evening and after that i crawled under the jeep with a big can of wd-40 and sprayed down most everything to help keep things from rusting. After going on the beach the other day it's got me spooked about things rusting from the salt spray so now everything is shiny and oily.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    You have the OME HD right? What are the hub-to-fender measurements? wondering if i'll want to keep my 1/2" spacers on when i put on my OME...

I'll measure tomorrow but yes i do. It isn't as high a lift as the spacer lifts. Somewhere between 1.5-2" so you get a bit of rubbing if you go with the 265/70s. (Of course i think it's partly due to the 1.5" wheel spacers and slightly due to the lift. I'm going to see what the spacers will do to remedy that which should help and then i'll probably go to the 1.25 wheel spacers if that doesn't fix the issue.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Thanks for the heads up. Knowing that, and with the 5.7L and everything else i have weighing down my front, I'll probably keep my spacer installed when i put on the OME. I can always take it out, but it sounds like im not going to want to...

Yeah i'd keep it in. It seems that the OME lift retains the stock front rake angle or something close to it.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    The wheel spacers cause the rub, I had no rubbing until I put the wheel spacers on but I was expecting that.

Figured so. Dang that .25" extra!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    You have the OME HD right? What are the hub-to-fender measurements? wondering if i'll want to keep my 1/2" spacers on when i put on my OME...
    My jeep is sitting in my driveway at a slight incline so the numbers may be a little off. I'll confirm it later. My front measurement from the center cap of the wheel to the fender above is 20.5" and the rear is 21.25".

Checked the measurements the front seems to be between 20.25 and 20.5 inches. The back was the same as before.

Put on my Hella Lights today. I like them alot and want some more now.
    I got the 500FF lights first to shine out nice and long.
    Now i want the plain 500s to go on the outside of these and get rid of the old lights (except for one pair that i can use on the back).

Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread Information