Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Superacerc's Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    oh man that's not promising.... I'm at 21.25 up front, so it looks like I may actually be lowering my front with the OME+spacer. something's got to be a bit off there.....

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    That does seem a little low... I know weight distribution for the WK and XK is different.. but I have 22.0" up front with no spacer added.

fender shapes are also a bit different so the point of reference between the WK&XK changes.

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    If you look at the OME website it says on there that the Spring lift is only a 1.5"-2" maximum lift. They also sell a spacer kit much like the rough country which is almost 2.5". It could also be my fenders. They've taken a couple hits and i can wiggle them a bit. Once i put on the spacers it should be about 21". When i measured one side of the front it was showing 20.3ish and the other side was 20.5ish and it was on a slight incline shifting the weight over to the passenger side. Seems like nowhere I go is flat. I averaged the two out and figure it's about 20.4 so with the extra .50" from the spacers (rusty's says they're a half inch i'll see when they come in tomorrow) it should be right around 21". So you'd only be loosing a quarter inch but you'd gain a much harder suspension. Also when i purchased this jeep in 2009 the lift was already on it so it's been on probably since 2008 or even 2007 and may be beginning to sag more than it did new. I'd be curious to see what yours will be as a new kit.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Just was thinking too that if you have the 1/4" leveling spacer and it's truly a 1/4" spacer, and if the rusty's i ordered is .5" like it says you may want to switch to the rusty's spacer. I'll let you know it's true height once i get it tomorrow. It's only $29.00 though. Plus shipping of course which turns out to be about $50 for the total. That'll put you back at 21" minus that precious quarter. Or.............. You could leave the 2.25" spacer lift on there and add the OME lift! 4 Inches!!! And then have someone fab you some new mounts for your front differential and add the JBA UCA and you'd be set!
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers

maybe you have the MD kit instead of the HD?

Quote Originally Posted by superacerc View Post
    Just was thinking too that if you have the 1/4" leveling spacer and it's truly a 1/4" spacer, and if the rusty's i ordered is .5" like it says you may want to switch to the rusty's spacer. I'll let you know it's true height once i get it tomorrow. It's only $29.00 though. Plus shipping of course which turns out to be about $50 for the total. That'll put you back at 21" minus that precious quarter. Or.............. You could leave the 2.25" spacer lift on there and add the OME lift! 4 Inches!!! And then have someone fab you some new mounts for your front differential and add the JBA UCA and you'd be set!
    I'm pretty sure the rustys 1/2" spacers are 1/4" thick. they're advertised by the "lift height" not spacer thickness.

also, its not just .25" that I'm losing.... where I sit now is still 1/2" below where I original was before adding all the armor/accessories. so losing another 1/4" puts me a total of 3/4" below where I want to be.

..... I would never run the RC on top of the OME. Not a logical option IMO.

I was just teasing about the two lifts together. Hate to have been the bearer of bad news then. However it still may be taller than mine cause mine are quite old. Try it and see. Other than that they definitely won't sag as much as the stock springs.
    They may be the medium duty springs. I didn't buy them so I just know it's the ome spring lift.

lol it's OK..... ill keep high hopes that maybe Its the MD springs.

only one thing to do to find out.... install em!

Well i've got pretty good news for you matt. I just put on the 1/4 inch spacer and now i'm measuring 21 and 1/8 up front. Made a huge difference. You'll probably be back to your 21.25 with a new set.

Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread Information