Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Superacerc's Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    That sounds like a fun setup. We just bumped my waste gate duty up some to allow my psi up a little more. Stock my car was 11psi. With a ready made "Off the Shelf Tune"(one size fits all) from the largest company selling reflash tools i was running about 14psi. I'm still in the process of fine tuning the ECU with a custom made tune from a turbo shop we were running 16psi and today just bumped it up to 17.5psi. Also just pulled back the timing on the high rev area. Haven't tested it yet but it should yield a bit more umph. This turbo would never get close to 20 something though(nor would I want it to). I really would like to swap turbos for a mitsubishi style (well I would really love a garret ball bearing but aint got money for that) TD05 18g or 20g to give some more volume at higher RPM cause this stock turbo falls flat on it's face past 3800 rpm and my torque suffers pretty bad because of it.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    be careful if you go to big on the turbo you will have an issue with not enough exhaust gases to get it to turn fast enough to be of beneficial. I reinforced the block and lower & top end to handle the higher PSI- along with a standalone ecm for the whole setup. it was a blast. the main reason I sold it was I moved to a area that it snows and getting pulled over all the time in it, XK to the rescue lol

except a 90+ ticket from last week in the XK lol
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

I don't know anything much about the tuning. I'm paying a professional tuner from a turbo shop to do the tune. This turbo will be at its max when this guy is done. I just confirmed with a test run and data logged from the ecu that I'm getting 17.6 psi which is about as good as this turbo is known for. I also logged some 1/4 mile and 0-60 runs and today's revision of the tune has gotten me down another .25 seconds in both. I'm hitting 100 mph at the 1/4 now. Yesterday it was 93 mph same weather conditions. So I'm still making headway with the tune from that little psi boost plus holding the timing in a bit longer but I don't think I'll see more than a .1 sec increase from where I'm at now.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers

Banned Looking for Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by superacerc View Post
    Here's a few more interesting Garage Pics.

Here's a Pic of the XK Right After I bought it. Still has dealer tag.

Same Day

Here's some pics of the 66 Ford F100 when I brought it home.

The 7.4 litre that now powers the f100.

On the Dyno

I'll get the Roof rack pics up when I get home.
    I started reading your thread and had to stop here. My dad has a 64 ford f100 with a 429 CJ in it. Plenty of power to get that old girl going huh? I'd love to see more pictures of your build on this

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Hey jon, Here's some links to where all the pictures i have are. I really don't have loads of them. Just bits here and there.
    I kinda wish I had the Cobra Jet heads on mine but then other parts get hard to find which are head specific. The engine isn't super peppy but has plenty enough power for such a small truck.

http://s1214.photobucket.com/albums/...rc/Snapbucket/

The pictures of the truck are on the last page of this album.
    http://s1214.photobucket.com/albums/...pics/?start=60

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Does that motor have o2 sensors for every cylinder?
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Nope. The pic you are looking at is when we dyno'd the motor. On the dyno we were trying to make sure that no cylinder was running lean (hot) so those are temperature sensors on the headers you see. Those aren't the headers that are on the motor right now, just a test set for the dyno.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Ahhh that makes sense. I was looking at the picture and scratching my head at the same time...lol
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Today I cleaned out the XK gave her a bath, and wd40 coated the entire underneath areas of the jeep. I also installed the console lock box donated by strokez since he no longer has his xk. Shes got quite a few extra scratches on her after the weekend trip.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superacerc View Post
    Today I cleaned out the XK gave her a bath, and wd40 coated the entire underneath areas of the jeep. I also installed the console lock box donated by strokez since he no longer has his xk. Shes got quite a few extra scratches on her after the weekend trip.
    Those are badges of honor not scratches!

Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread Information