Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Superacerc's Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Those are badges of honor not scratches!
    Absolutely!
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

So yeah, I've been pretty silent lately. I've been catching the info on the forum every now and then but I've got a one track mind and It's been modding the Subaru Forester lately. So for those of you who knew about it here's an update on the Forester.

I did a turbo swap for a TD05-18G mitsubishi style last week. Also put in new injectors and electronic boost controler. I'm in the process of re tuning everything now and seeing what kind of hp i'm going to get out of it. The avg Wheel horsepower people are getting with this turbo on a subaru is in the mid 300 range with about 400hp max at the crank. So I'm shooting for at least 320 at the wheels. More if I can get it. That should theoretically bring my 0-60 into the 4.5second range and my quarter in the mid 12 second range at about 115mph. If I get bored and tune for E85 later on this year and I might dip into the high 11 second quarter mile range we'll see about that. Either way, this thing is a beast! Sure puts a look of surprise on a lot of faces.

I'll keep you guys posted.

The 66 Ford has also had some upgrades. It's getting a new TCI Super streetfighter transmission put in as we speak. Should make for some nasty quick shifts and a lot better application of power. It also got a new intake and is going to be dyno tuned after the tranny goes in. Should also be in the mid to high 300 hp range and around 500+ ft-lbs of torque.
    Last edited by superacerc; 09-15-2012 at 03:33 PM.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    Friggin sweet! Toss up some pictures when you get a chance, esp. of the Ford.

Let me know how you like that TCI Super Streetfighter trans. I've been looking at them to put behind my SBC 355.
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    would love to see pics of the subie after the work
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

@ Cricket: I'll let you know how I like it when it goes in. The shop said it would be here tomorrow at the latest and probably be installed by the end of the week. We'll see if that happens. I could have went for the regular streetfighter cause I don't have that much hp but reading about the Super Streetfighter negating the governor in the transmission and being able to shift immediately sounded more like what I wanted. And fore 250 dollars more, why not?

@ PJMJR: It looks exactly the same as it did before. I haven't changed the look of anything in particular. The engine bay will look pretty standard except the intercooler is larger but still in the factory position on top of the motor. Injectors are black instead of blue, i guess that's a difference. There's no fancy piping in there or anything cause it's not custom fit. Here are some pics of the differences in turbos etc...

Compressor side. Definitely a difference in size.

Exhaust side: Yep, bigger there too.

Same inlet size. Just a different view.

Here's my Intercooler with the GFB blow off. how handsome is that? Didn't install it today but never got any good pics of it.

Next I installed this little beast:

Here it is installed:

Last edited by superacerc; 09-18-2012 at 11:33 AM.

My Subaru is coming along still. I'm up to 20.5psi on my 93 OCT tune and running in the mid 4 second 0-60 range and around 13 flat so far in the quarter mile. I've got a little bit of timing to finish up on the tune and it should push me into the 12 second range on the quarter. I think I'll try running some E85 and tuning for that around 24psi when I finish this tune in the next week. Should put me in the low 12's, perhaps even a smidge into the 11's if I can lighten the car some and get the light weight rims on before running it on the track. This thing is sooo much fun! I've blacked it all out almost and will be bronzing the rims. Here's a photo of what the finished product will look like with the bronze rims(it
    's mine as it sits but with photoshopped color added to the rims)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Sweet! Ive seen an older one with the STi swap, pretty cool and a real sleeper!!
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Yep, its a little beast. Ive got the sti engine, but have a bigger turbo, injectors, intercooler, and fuel pump than an sti. I'm already faster than a stock sti in the quarter mile by about a half second. Hopefully on e85 that will grow to 1.5-2 seconds. Nobody even looks at me twice on the highway, and cops dont pay me any attention. I love it!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    That is a great looking Subi!!!!!!!!
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Thanks PJ. It actually has silver rims right now but I really like the bronze look. I'm in the market for some lightweight wheels. It has been said to knock off up to .3 seconds on the 1/4 by lightening the wheels(since it's rolling mass the engine has to turn). I guess it's kinda like the opposite of putting on heavy mud tires. I'll have 11 lbs off each wheel for a 44 lbs rolling mass savings. I'd like to run it with each wheel combo to see what the difference is but i'm sure it'll make a huge difference. It's already getting stupid quick. I've made quite a few Civic Si owners unhappy. They will race anything with wheels it seems. Seems shameful to try and take on a soccer mom Crossover Utility vehicle cause you're a cocky Civic owner. It's even more shameful when they find out how out of their league they are against it. lol Lets see Civic Si takes 6 seconds to 60 and I'm at 4.5-4.9. They do 15-16 second quarters and I'm at 13.-13.4 right now. It's not even close on the street.

Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread Information