Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Superacerc's Garage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    The subaru isn't quite as fun as the vw was but its already a hair faster. It just doesnt handle or stop as good. Ill be working on those issues in the next few months. I'm still about .5 - 1 sec behind a stock subaru wrx sti probably due mostly to gearing and weight. Sometime by the end of the year I hope to swap the turbo and fuel pump out which should get me to the high 12's. Thats my goal at least.

Next week the jeep and family are doing a wheeling for the wounded trip where I'll be a trail guide in the XK.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Banned Looking for Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by superacerc View Post
    Here's a few more interesting Garage Pics.

Here's a Pic of the XK Right After I bought it. Still has dealer tag.

Same Day

Here's some pics of the 66 Ford F100 when I brought it home.

The 7.4 litre that now powers the f100.

On the Dyno

I'll get the Roof rack pics up when I get home.
    I started reading your thread and had to stop here. My dad has a 64 ford f100 with a 429 CJ in it. Plenty of power to get that old girl going huh? I'd love to see more pictures of your build on this

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Hey jon, Here's some links to where all the pictures i have are. I really don't have loads of them. Just bits here and there.
    I kinda wish I had the Cobra Jet heads on mine but then other parts get hard to find which are head specific. The engine isn't super peppy but has plenty enough power for such a small truck.

http://s1214.photobucket.com/albums/...rc/Snapbucket/

The pictures of the truck are on the last page of this album.
    http://s1214.photobucket.com/albums/...pics/?start=60
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Does that motor have o2 sensors for every cylinder?
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Nope. The pic you are looking at is when we dyno'd the motor. On the dyno we were trying to make sure that no cylinder was running lean (hot) so those are temperature sensors on the headers you see. Those aren't the headers that are on the motor right now, just a test set for the dyno.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Ahhh that makes sense. I was looking at the picture and scratching my head at the same time...lol
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superacerc View Post
    Today I cleaned out the XK gave her a bath, and wd40 coated the entire underneath areas of the jeep. I also installed the console lock box donated by strokez since he no longer has his xk. Shes got quite a few extra scratches on her after the weekend trip.
    Those are badges of honor not scratches!

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Those are badges of honor not scratches!
    Absolutely!

So yeah, I've been pretty silent lately. I've been catching the info on the forum every now and then but I've got a one track mind and It's been modding the Subaru Forester lately. So for those of you who knew about it here's an update on the Forester.

I did a turbo swap for a TD05-18G mitsubishi style last week. Also put in new injectors and electronic boost controler. I'm in the process of re tuning everything now and seeing what kind of hp i'm going to get out of it. The avg Wheel horsepower people are getting with this turbo on a subaru is in the mid 300 range with about 400hp max at the crank. So I'm shooting for at least 320 at the wheels. More if I can get it. That should theoretically bring my 0-60 into the 4.5second range and my quarter in the mid 12 second range at about 115mph. If I get bored and tune for E85 later on this year and I might dip into the high 11 second quarter mile range we'll see about that. Either way, this thing is a beast! Sure puts a look of surprise on a lot of faces.

I'll keep you guys posted.

The 66 Ford has also had some upgrades. It's getting a new TCI Super streetfighter transmission put in as we speak. Should make for some nasty quick shifts and a lot better application of power. It also got a new intake and is going to be dyno tuned after the tranny goes in. Should also be in the mid to high 300 hp range and around 500+ ft-lbs of torque.
    Last edited by superacerc; 09-15-2012 at 03:33 PM.

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    Friggin sweet! Toss up some pictures when you get a chance, esp. of the Ford.

Let me know how you like that TCI Super Streetfighter trans. I've been looking at them to put behind my SBC 355.
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information