Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Superacerc's Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    Just ordered some 1.5" spacers yesterday. I ordered them from rough country. They are 5x5" and will obviously fit the commander but they only advertise on the website that it fits a JK. Funny how people don't even bother to advertise jeep products sometimes that fit something other than a wrangler. I wrote to them about it since it fits at least 4 different recent jeep models.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Put the spacers on tonight. It looks much better now. I'll put up some pictures tomorrow in the daylight. Also put new front pads and new rear rotors. Now all brake components are new. The front pads werent worn all the way but i figured while i had the wheels off I would go ahead and freshen them up. The rear rotors were a tad warped and made a horrendous off and on squeal at 0-5mph when advancing slowly at stop signs and speed lights. Now I don't have to hear that any more.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers

Spacers

Here's some pics of the XK with the New Rough Country 1.5" spacers.
    I have no rubbing issues at all while turning full lock.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty strokeZ's Avatar
    Looking good!
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 4-1/2" AEV lift w 35" Toyo's

03 BMW Z4 2.5i ESS Stage 2 Supercharged, Custom Suspension, Stebro Exhaust, Hamann Side Skirts

85 BMW 535is Lowering springs, bilstein sport shocks, extra attitude

I found out it rubs just a little on the black fenderwell plastic. I'll take care of that though. It's not too close to the pinch weld so i'll just reshape/trim the plastic a bit.

Got my new antenna from antennax. I like the shortened look and it keeps it from getting caught on tree limbs. Now I have to move my rear Ham antenna to a permenant mount on the hatch and add a CB antenna.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by superacerc View Post
    I found out it rubs just a little on the black fenderwell plastic. I'll take care of that though. It's not too close to the pinch weld so i'll just reshape/trim the plastic a bit.
    This worked for me, I used a heat gun to heat the plastic and then reshaped it away from the tire.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

That's a great Idea! I'll probably do that. It would only take maybe a half inch or so. Thanks for the tip.

CB Install

After going to the offroad park a few weeks back I realized the need to have a CB as well as a Ham radio. This lead me to install a Uniden 510. Nothing special but it gets the job done and fits nicely in the drivers cubby hole. The antenna is a firestick 2 5/8wave with the tuneable loaded top (my wife went under a drive through and lost the little red cap that was on the top). After properly tuning it with the SWR meter last night for a perfect match it seems to be working well. I mounted it on the Roof Rack which could have acted as a grounding system had it not all been painted and was one piece but as it is I ran a #10 ground down to the chassis where I grounded the Lights.
    I noticed in the SWR meter the power output seems to be close to 15 watts. Very odd for a radio that claims that it only puts out 4 watts on the box (it is brand new and no mods have been done on the radio). I got an excellent signal report from a friendly gentleman on the way to work that says it sounds great.

You can see the wire I used to ground the bracket in the circle on this picture.

Took a pic on my parent's land in GA. It was dusk and we were checking on some deer feeders.

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information