Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Superacerc's Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty strokeZ's Avatar
    Normally I am saying this to the opposite sex, but I have to admit I like your rack! :-)
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 4-1/2" AEV lift w 35" Toyo's

03 BMW Z4 2.5i ESS Stage 2 Supercharged, Custom Suspension, Stebro Exhaust, Hamann Side Skirts

85 BMW 535is Lowering springs, bilstein sport shocks, extra attitude

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    Thanks.... I think..
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Well it's been a while since i've been on here due to the fact i'm in virginia and have been for about 3 weeks now for training (yorktown). I was planning on getting the ARB locker for christmas but changed that plan due to my Hankooks getting a Nail in the back drivers side tire and being pretty worn in general. I got some BFG KM2's put on today and .........

Had to trim the pinch weld and reshape the plastic. I was pretty proud of not having had to do this with the Hankooks but I guess they were worn enough that it wasn't a big deal. The KM2s had so much more tread on them that I could tell it was going to be a problem if I were to need to drive on any roads that weren't perfectly straight. All is well now and I don't have any rubbing. I'll get some pictures up sometime this weekend when I get the chance to post some. The tires cost more than the ARB locker would have so I had to give up that idea for the moment.

As for when I hope to have the ARB locker..... i do have a birthday coming up this spring!
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers

Here are the new tires:

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Those are nice, bet you can get over some good rocks with those.

Can you provide a picture of the tread pattern?
    Last edited by Knappster; 12-15-2010 at 05:00 PM.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty strokeZ's Avatar
    You are gonna love the KM2's! Congrats Looks GOOD!
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 4-1/2" AEV lift w 35" Toyo's

03 BMW Z4 2.5i ESS Stage 2 Supercharged, Custom Suspension, Stebro Exhaust, Hamann Side Skirts

85 BMW 535is Lowering springs, bilstein sport shocks, extra attitude

Have been seriously looking at those tires, they look awesome and rate better than the A/T's but my concern was noise and wear. I drive 600 or so miles a month on pavement...let us know how they do on the pavement please
    '07, 4.7L, QTII, 2" lift, T-boddy spacer, flowmaster 40, HID's, CB, JVC nav/DVD, 245/75/17 Wrangler Territory's, Superchips, 6' roofrack with 8 lights, LTD grab handles, rear storage compartment, chassis rock lights, clinometer, yadda, yadda, yadda

Believe it or not they are quieter than my Hankooks which weren't very loud at all compared to most M/Ts. My dad has a pair of 35" KM2s on a 4" lifted F250. He's got about 10k miles on them and they don't look like they've lost any tread yet. I know some others have these tires and they may be able to comment farther on their performance. They are a more comfortable ride and quieter than the Hankooks.
    I've actually heard louder A/Ts. In short I love em already.

Sorry I didn't get a picture of the tread pattern Knap. I'll get one on tomorrow night.

Here's a few tread shots.

Had to try the tires out today in the nearly freezing rain behind my inlaw's place. There are a few muddy trails where the subdivision has been built and some ponds. On one place where my hankooks would always spin alot (slippery clay hill), these just moved along without breaking a sweat.
    Here's a pic i snapped when the suspension extended while coming off a small drop off.

Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information