Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Superacerc's Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    So my inner front passenger side fender well finally gave way on my last off road trip a few weeks ago. It crakced and came forward and the wheel grabs at it quite a bit. The pinch weld has already been bent back on mine but it was rubbing slightly where the plastic still humped over the ?coolant lines?/aircon lines (whatever those are). I trimmed most of the plastic off alltogether but I have a feeling that more needs to dissapear. I'm just going to paint the inner fenderwell flat black so It doesn't stick out. I have no rubbing at all on the drivers side but that little bit sticking out on the pass side gives me an issue. I just pulled off those plastic fake rock guards on the sides this evening. Haven't decided if that looks better or not but i'm probably going to clean it up and spray the pinch weld area flat black to look more chassis like. I believe i'm also going to cut my front fender as Sal has sometime this week as well. Less is definitely better.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Thanks to Sal and his pioneering efforts in cutting up Commanders, I too have gotten rid of my lower front fender.

Also I took off the rear part of my front passenger wheel well so i no longer have terrible rubbing issues. On a nice hot day Im going to undercoat the now bare inside of my fender as well as the bottom of the sides of the xk where i took off the fake rock guards.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Man looking good bro, I would like to see pictures of the cuts to the rear. I think your going to like it. I get a lot more looks now with the mod and it completely changes the look of your ride.

I still rub just slightly on the bracket for the air con hoses it's still better than before by 300% and not as noticable. Tomorrow I'm going to cut the edge (about 1/4") off the bracket that sticks out on the air con. That may finish off my problem. I'll Put up a pic of the area as soon as I finish cutting and get some black paint on there. Its hardly noticable though as being not normal even though it is body color back there. I cut it straight with a utility razor knife. I think My problem is due to the 1.5" spacers instead of 1.25. The extra clearance from a quarter inch less would keep the tires from rubbing anything. Unfortunately That will be my last resort.

Member Looking for Dirt txbajacommander's Avatar
    I just took my plastic side rails off this weekend. I like the look, but when you open the door I don't like the look of the holes left. Any thoughts on covering those up? I'll post some pics tommorrow.

Bondo/mig welding new metal in + sanding + Paint (maybe black or undercoat). Wouldn't be that bad to do. I've filled in my share of pin holes on my antique cars.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    you guys are a bad influence.... a really bad influence. I cant believe im thinking of hacking away at my bumper....

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
    you guys are a bad influence.... a really bad influence. I cant believe im thinking of hacking away at my bumper....
    hahahahha another one bites the bullet. The front bumper mod makes it look so much meaner and more of a off road look. You sould do it. LOL

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I think you should take a road trip to NJ for the Englishtown car&truck show in April so I can see the bumper mod in person.... and it'd be nice to have another Commander there!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
    I think you should take a road trip to NJ for the Englishtown car&truck show in April so I can see the bumper mod in person.... and it'd be nice to have another Commander there!
    I wish I could sounds like fun.

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread Information