Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Superacerc's Garage

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Im sorta liking the bumper mod. What exactly did you guys use to cut the bumper/flares.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    Used a sawzall. To fancy it up a bit used a utility knife(razor blade). Realized that the razor blade could have done the whole thing cause the bumper is so flimsy.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

On my way to work this morning the Temp got hot on my XK. Pulled over and my wheel had grabbed the hose clamp on the heater hose running back there and pulled it and the hose off. Dumped all my antifreeze out. I put it back on(wasnt damaged) and put some water in it for now cause that's all I could get. Took a while to get the water back into everything and almost an hour to get it full again. Its a slow process when you haven't vacuumed the system. Anyway, I drove it back to the house and pulled out my very reliable 44 year old Falcon and drove to work. I'm going to make a cover for the hose out of sheet metal or something so it doesn't happen again and then have my radiator flushed and refilled with the proper Chrysler antifreeze.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Im surprised your tires come in contact with those lines back there. Especially since you have the OME lift. Are you running the HD coils or MD's? Something I plan on doing hopefully this summer is the rear heat/ac delete. Im going to get the lines from an XK that doesnt have rear ac and heat and swap them in under the hood and take off all the other lines that run down the passenger side wheel well to the rear on the XK. I dont use the rear ac or heat anyways. Plus when I cut out my pinch weld area for 34's in the future (if they ever make gears for us), those lines will need to out of the way anyways.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

My fix for the problem:
    I molded sheet metal around the air con hoses so the tire could no longer grab at them. Kinda like a mini fender.

Un painted

Painted with undercoat:

Gotta do my radiator flush tomorrow and put some new chrysler fluid in. I look at it this way. I probably needed a fluid flush and now I had a reason to get one.

Member Looking for Dirt txbajacommander's Avatar
    I like that cover up. Is that alum. sheet metal?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Ya I like that as well. I never rub in that area myself is that caused from your wheel spacers?

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Ya I like that as well. I never rub in that area myself is that caused from your wheel spacers?
    I think it's possible that this caused it. If I were .25" smaller like everyone's spydertrax it should have just cleared it I think. Also the Hose clamps on the hoses were facing outwards so the prongs on them that you squeeze together were facing the tire. I turned them to the inside.
    Also I know for a fact that these BFGs are a good 3/4" taller than my Hankooks. They's reel knoboly.

TXBAJA: Regular ole sheet metal from Lowes. $6.

Just wanted to give a thanks to Strokez for gifting me his steel enigne belly plate. Since switching to the superlift he no longer needed it and kindly sent it my way.
    It's now the latest addition to my XK as of about 2 hrs ago. Thanks!!

How do you think these would look on my XK?

Thinking about swapping out to these maybe in the next few weeks. My Stock rims are pretty chewed up from rocks.

Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread Information